Drop-in heaven!

donn_

Flashaholic
This afternoon's mail brought me two Malkoff Mag drop-ins and one BOG Q5 P60 drop-in. It's better than Christmas!

I can't tell much about the difference between the BOG Q5 and my Malkoff M60 drop-ins yet, because it isn't dark, and I only have one Surefire to test them in. First impression is the Q5 is a bit brighter, but I'll wait until dark to really test them.

I don't need darkness to see the impact of the Mag drop-ins. I have 2 brand new 3D's waiting for them, and I installed one, along with a UCL. The comparison between the stock 3D and the Malkoff, both with regular reflectors, is astounding even only on the wall. Then I compared the Malkoff to two different Terralux drop-ins, in a 2D and a 6D. Still astounding. The Malkoff blows their doors off. I have a feeling these things are going to prove to be well worth the struggle to get them. The second one is going into the other new 3D, with a stippled reflector and a UCL. One for throw and one for flood.

I'm tickled! I can't wait until it gets dark, and I can go illuminate some goblins and witches!:devil:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are some who will hate you now as you bought more than 1 :D ...they will be like damn it ive been waiting on one this whole time and this guy buys em all up argghhhhhhhhhhhh :xyxgun: get some extensions to run em in 4d the extra 100ma is worth it :lolsign: or have 1 in 3d and other in 4c see if theres a big enough difference since you have 2 you can do side by side , most who have one only can do by memory which isnt full proof......lucky sob gets 2