Anyone dealt with supertactical?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two flashlights from Supertactical. Their prices are good but the communication is terrible. They ship 7-12 days after the order and usually don't answer your emails but the goods arrive well packed and exactly as described.

I just wonder what would happen if I had a warranty issue....:(

robbydob

Newly Enlightened
My 3 purchases have been very smooth. One included an item that was out of stock; ST emailed asking if I wanted a substitute or PP refund. I responded w/ Refund and had the money back in PP acct. the same day. Shipping time is always an issue when purchasing from 'the east'; it's a balance of patience vs. price

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
Recently I ordered a CL-Ev2 and an EMR1 from SuperTactical. I got a shipping confirmation (I assume) from them in some Chinese dialect that defied the free translators. When I received my package, it was marked "2 Flashlights," but was missing the EMR1. The CL-Ev2 was noticeably dimmer than the 2 I had ordered from BugOutGear. Probably a orient only, after hours knockoff, or factory second since they are not listed as legitimate dealers for JetBeam. Also the included warranty card was not store stamped. I've dealt more than a dozen times with DealExtreme, Emillion's (now HobbyNGear) and Kai. Never a problem. I'm out 26 bucks and have a substandard flashlight, but, they'll get no more of my business. I figure Karma will catch up with them. I remember reading of another incident like this one on the forum, but decided to give them a chance. I get the "Bad Call" brick.

Edit: Their cart goofed on shipping, they knew enough english to hit me up in an email for more shipping, but apparently loose the ability after they get the money. At least the shipping notification wasn't in english.

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered from ST. As others have reported, took them well over one week to just ship the light. Took me almost 3 weeks to get it. Forget about getting them to respond to a message - they just don't care. I got my light, but I don't think I'd order from them again.

Plenty of other great dealers out there (in alphabetical order): Battery Station, Bright Guy, Battery Junction, Fenix Store, Light Hound, Optics HQ

They are all great.

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
I bought a Hyperion CE-R from them awhile ago, shipping was delayed a bit because there was a shortage of the light (and apparently it's tough to get again). The light was packaged fine, was in perfect condtion, and worked fine. So my experience was fine. Sold the light because I already had a Jetbeam and that's all I need, but the sample I received was great.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
IMG_1378.jpg

Whee, it turned out to be a winner after all! What a deal, or steal.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well my order was placed an the 2nd of the month and shipped out at the 7th. received today.

But I have my qualms about their module. I have received a C2 (in a flashlight) a P4 and a q4. They were dissapointing. Will post more after my measurements.

enjoy, Kostas

Flash007

Enlightened
I buyed the Trustfire Alpha C1 Q4-WC bin 2 weeks ago.
It's 3.0v-9v. Tint is excellent, WC bin for sure, and led is perfectly centered in the reflector base.

It says 200 lumens, but i've tested with 2x AW RCR123 750mAh and I've obtained exactly 90 minutes runtime, fully regulated. Excellent runtime.

I think the led is driven about 700mA, not 1000mA.
I would say much more 150-170 lumens, not 200 lumens.
Because if it was driven @1000mA, I'll have only 60 minutes runtime, like the Wolf-Eyes dropin (I have 4 W-E dropins, 2x digital 4 mode 170 lumens, 1x 170 lumens, 1x 130 lumens).

And today, I've received the 5-mode Cree Q4-WC bin.

It says 3.0v-4.2v. I've not done a deepfull test, but it seems fully regulated with one 17670/18650.

Tint is also excellent, WC bin.
The different mode switching is easy, no problem.

The only minus point is that the led is very slightly off-centered, but not a problem at all in real use.

I have access to the led also, the reflector is not glued, wich is a good point for me.

I'll do a runtime test with AW 17670 1600mAh in high and medium mode when I'll have time.

For the price, if it's fully regulated with single 17670/18650, this dropin is EXCELLENT !

Shipping and e-mail responding with no problem.

bspofford

Enlightened
Paid for 3 Fenix T1 lights and 1 EMR1. Didn't get the lights, Supertactical kept my money, and PayPal didn't do a thing to resolve my complaint. Buyer beware!!!:thumbsdow

Wolf359

Enlightened
a timely thread for me i was about to order a jetbeam C-LE Ver.2 from supertactical. can anyone suggest another "reliable" retailer for this light ?

Abumustafa

Enlightened
I ordered from ST. As others have reported, took them well over one week to just ship the light. Took me almost 3 weeks to get it. Forget about getting them to respond to a message - they just don't care. I got my light, but I don't think I'd order from them again.

Plenty of other great dealers out there (in alphabetical order): Battery Station, Bright Guy, Battery Junction, Fenix Store, Light Hound, Optics HQ

They are all great.

Same Story here i made a threat to start a dispute with paypal becuz i got no confirmation email if my order had been shipped or not this is a week an half later then i got an email saying that the light will be shipped in 2 days time if i did not chase :poke: them up i would have been forggoten :candle:

Order at your own risk becuz i dnt think i wll be ordering from there again.

bspofford

Enlightened
In my case, Supertactical's position is that they sent me three Fenix T1 lights, but I received three TrustFire Tr-c1 lights worth much less. The small package containing the latter was too small for even one Fenix T1, the shipping weight was a fraction of what it should have been, and the stated value was more in line with the value of the TrustFire TR-C1 lights. I filed a complaint with PayPal and offered to provide photos of the package, the labels and the contents, but they quickly dropped my claim because they don't get involved with shipments of the wrong merchandise. It seems to me that each and every time I make a PayPal purchase, I get a pitch from them about how safe all my PayPal purchases are. Baloney!:sick2:

Maybe the moral of the story is buy American when possible or at least buy Chinese lights from an American distributor like The FenixStore.:thumbsup:

Last edited: