Most Popular Christmas Gift This Year (Contest)

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thinking, we are getting close to Christmas and I know several of us will be giving lights as gifts this year so the question is which light and manufacture will be the most popular this year.

I thought it might be fun to see who the winners are so if you plan to give a light as a gift this year please post the model and the manufacture and if this is a popular thread I will create a spread sheet and track the results and update this post as we go.

Anyone care to make an early guess? I will contribute a small gift to the person who can get the closes to naming the quantity of the most popular manufacture and model. The rules are you have to make your guess in the month of November and your post can not be edited in the month of December.

I plan on giving 1 Arc AAA as a gift so I will start the list with my gift.

My early guess for the winner is Arc and with a quantity 160 AAA

Running totals

QTY Models
7 Arc AAA
1 KD 1AAA
1 MTE 1xAA

QTY Manufacture
7 ARC
1 KD
1 MTE

updated to post 7

Last edited:

willrx

Enlightened
If wishful thinking is allowed:

QTY Models
(6) Lime Green 3D Maglites :D

QTY Manufacture
Maglite

Phaetos

Enlightened
I ws considering giving the MTE 1xAA SSCP4 from DX as gifts this year. I love that little light. My friend who works for DirectTV borrowed it a few weeks ago till he could order his own, still hasn't given it back yet :p

Gaffle

Enlightened
I don't know if it will be the most popular, but the Streamlight ProPoly 2AA Lux will be my good flashlight gift.

1. Made in USA (that is becoming big for me)

2. AA

3. 18 hour regulated runtime

4. 17.95 from BrightGuy - $24 total with shipping.

It is only rated at 25lm, but I don't think the "ordinary person" needs a 300lm battery eater.

A kid could get this light and it will last for a long time, or and adult can receive it and have a useful tool.

We are going to play the "White Elephant" game. You pick out numbers in a hat and open gifts in that order. Then people after you can steal your gift. I will attempt to steal this gift back if the opportunity comes about.:nana:

BOUT2HUNT

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum, but I have been reading the last couple of weeks. There is a great deal of knowledge here, and everyone seems to have a blast, finally decided to join in in the fun!!!

QTY - 7
MODEL - ARC AAA

Actually only 6 are gifts, but might as well treat myself to another one too:naughty:

MANUFACTURER - ARC

I believe the ARC AAA will be the winner in the contest also!!!

Last year I gave away 50 coin cell key chain lights just for fun. However, I don't think key chain lights count for this contest, or do they? I'll be doing the same this year but on a bigger scale. I fully expect to see bargains on Mags the day after Thanksgiving. Therefore, I expect to see:

Manuf: Mag
Model: 3D LED
Qty: 166

:party:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think an affordable light would be the Fenix L1Tv2/L2Tv2.
Very simple two level light with momentary, click on, click off tactical tailswitch and a head twist to Low level. 90/140 lumens, good runtimes. Needs lithium or NiMH AA batteries, the alkalines just don't have the guts. The energizer AA lithium batteries are available just about everywhere these days though.

A better light than most people in the world ever dreamed of.

Last edited:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last year I gave away 50 coin cell key chain lights just for fun. However, I don't think key chain lights count for this contest, or do they? I'll be doing the same this year but on a bigger scale.

Actually keychain lights do count; the Arc AAA is a keychain light.

But the intent of the thread I think should be more about main stream lights discussed on the CPF and not sub $ 5.00 dollar lights given a way in bulk. Just my opinion.

Any ideas anyone? Maybe break the lights into classifications or price?

manoloco

Enlightened
im giving 2 arc aaa`s

Wouldnt this be less work for you if you did this with a poll?

my guess atm is 222 ARC aaa

is there a separate count for manufacturer and model respectively or is it by specific model? (which i think its easier)

if they are separate i would say KD as manufacturer, but if its specific model i choose ARC AAA

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it will be the most popular, but the Streamlight ProPoly 2AA Lux will be my good flashlight gift.

1. Made in USA (that is becoming big for me)

2. AA

3. 18 hour regulated runtime

4. 17.95 from BrightGuy - $24 total with shipping.

It is only rated at 25lm, but I don't think the "ordinary person" needs a 300lm battery eater.

A kid could get this light and it will last for a long time, or and adult can receive it and have a useful tool.

We are going to play the "White Elephant" game. You pick out numbers in a hat and open gifts in that order. Then people after you can steal your gift. I will attempt to steal this gift back if the opportunity comes about.:nana:
+1

Great choice! I'll pick up a few... Thanks for this excellent suggestion.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning on buying a bunch of the KD 1AAA "Buckle" lights to give away. I got one and was thoroughly impressed. I'm pretty sure it'll "wow" the recipents, too.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
im giving 2 arc aaa`s

is there a separate count for manufacturer and model respectively or is it by specific model? (which i think its easier)

if they are separate i would say KD as manufacturer, but if its specific model i choose ARC AAA

Lets do this by specific model to make things easy.

saildude

Newly Enlightened
Qty - 9 pcs

Mfg - Streamlight

Model - ProPoly 2AA Led/Lux

For the reasons given earlier - I have been using 1 for over a month now and it is my favorite - also keep one tucked in the pocket of my inflatable PFD on a lanyard.

mb