Best drop in for 3d maglite?

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Hi
Silly question time again I am looking to upgrade a 3d maglite with an l.e.d drop in my sister uses this for walking back and forward to work at night usually about 20 mins each way
I would be grateful for any advice ,I know there are smaller brighter lights on the market but they don't have the same impact as a maglite
Thanks

saildude

Newly Enlightened
"best" hmmmm

The Mag LED drop in bulb is quick and easy - more light than the stock Incan. bulb but you get the higher light for 20++ hours.

Others should pitch in with the other options you have - I have 3 of the stock Mag LED bulbs that I upgraded - been happy

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/

pick / Reviews / All / and page down to Mag LED for an accurate review

mb

JamisonM

Enlightened
I concur with the above. The Mag LED drop-in would be a good choice if price is a concern. Another positive is that it should be easy to find. If you want more light, you should have a look at the TerraLUX TLE-6EX. It will drain the batteries faster, but will be much brighter.

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Guys
I think I'll go for the standard terralux at the minute but the Mallkoff will be my goal once finance allows

Marduke

Flashaholic

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers Guys
I think I'll go for the standard terralux at the minute but the Mallkoff will be my goal once finance allows

Good luck getting one thou. I bet each year there are more lottery jackpot winners in North America than people who managed to snag a malkoff drop in before it's sold out.

saildude

Newly Enlightened
If you want a Malkoff sign up for his email list - he sends out a notification when he has new lights available - worked well for me - otherwise you might have a real long wait -

mb

Patriot

Flashaholic
If you want a Malkoff sign up for his email list - he sends out a notification when he has new lights available - worked well for me - otherwise you might have a real long wait -

mb

Ditto what saildude said. He will email you when a batch is done. If you set the money aside and purchase within a day or two of a new batch, all works out quite easily.

I would definitely go with the terralux for a less expensive alternative. I've own five of them now without any quality issues. They're all much brighter that the Mag brand led and aren't quite as temperature sensitive, especially in a 3 cell. Be sure to get the EX-B version. The B version is for two and three cell lights and ups the voltage a bit.

Greg G

Enlightened
Malkoff must sell a really good piece, because when a batch goes up for sale they go right away. I am signed up on his e-mail list, and got up the other day to find that he had put some up for sale. All gone by the time I clicked on the site though.

My hat's off to the man for having something that's so sought after, and also to the lucky souls that can get one.

I guess I'll have build my own.

Bushman5

Enlightened
I have all three, the Mag LED drop in, a Terralux and a Malkoff. The Mag Led is great pricewise, its pretty bright in the dark, and you get LOOONG runtimes. The Terralux is wicked bright, but shorter runtimes. The Malkoff is the priciest, but the brightest and has decent runtime.

the Mag led is the most widely available, as is the terralux. Malkoff drop ins are hard to come by, keep in mid that Gene and Cathy at Malkoff are making these by hand, one by one, and that they both have other jobs.

there are other persons on CPF who could probably make oyu a drop in, does'nt hurt to ask.