need a host for RV7 Board

moon lander

Enlightened
hey folks, i was wondering if anyone knows of a cheap light that would fit an RV7 board. the rexlight 2.0 is a perfect host, the board directly replaced the existing board and now the light on nimh is as bright as my MKIIx on li-ion.

i got a few more of this board to make some lights for christmas gifts. im looking for something like the rexlight thats cheaper. it needs to have access to the head/board/led module. preferably with decently thick walls, but rexlight sized. anyone know of something that would work?

also, if i can, id like to replace the leds with Q2-Q4 WC crees, but i cant find a Q2-Q4 WC cree on a small mcpcb board that would fit a AA light. Cutter has only Q5 WC. DX has Q2 WC but on a star, which wont fit the light. any idea how big cutters boards are? any idea where to get the small board WC Q2-Q4? it would be even better if the light already had a Q2.

also, is it possible to file down a star to fit? with a hand held metal file? i dont have any grinding equipment.

thanks if anyone has answers!

moon lander

Enlightened
its looking like i may go with the rebel100 20 mode light http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8751 since it has access to the head and already comes with a great emitter. its a little big tho for a AA light. too bad this is the only reb100 light without a sealed head.

the funny part is, ill be replacing the driver with essentially the same driver with less modes. maybe someone could use the drivers i remove from the lights.

Scattergun

Enlightened
Put it in an Elly, or just cut the star with a pair of pliers to make them fit in a smaller light.

moon lander

Enlightened
i did use the elly for this mod already, it turned out great but id like to use a pocket sized light.

i wasnt aware that i could just snip off the extra from the star tho. is there anything to watch out for when doing that? will it short out if i cut thru the contacts?

thanks for the advice folks.