What are your intentions with the Titan?

sbebenelli

Enlightened
All of you Titan owners what are your plans with the light? Shelf queen, EDC, hooked on your keyring or what?

I haven't received mine yet but mines going to be a user. It's going to be my EDC.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
My intentions...Trade my Titan for some good German beers!!!

Got a guest room Bernie?!?!....:)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Assuming the Titan meets my expectations (and I have no reason to believe it will not at this point), one of them will be EDC'ied with me as my everyday light. My FireFly/Proton (I switch between the two from time to time) will be retired to the shelf. The 2nd Titan will be put back in the box, never to see the light of day. Lastly, assuming the above occurs, the majority of my remaining lights will be sold.

Zenster

Enlightened
I hope not to sound negative, but Surefire shows the Titan to put out 65 lumens max.
Compare that to a Fenix L2D that puts out 180 lumens (max) with selectable power levels (for example) and at a price of about $60, I honestly want to know what all the buzz is about.

Does Surefire under rate their flashlights or something and maybe it puts out, like, twice as much as the Fenix L2D does?

Seriously, I must be missing something and I'd like to know what it is.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Zenster ... SF rates their lights "lumens out front", "torch lumens" and not LED lumens like othe rmanufacturers. In addition to that, they underrate their lights.

But this is not the point of the Titan. The interface is. Regulated smooth dimmer dial. Perfect KISS interface. Doesn't get more intuitive.
Then it is made of ti with all the advantages, is SF quality and keychain-able.

There is no other light that can do this. None.

A lot of us have been waiting for a light that combines those features. Now we have it. Or are waiting for it. :D

Raw brightness is easy to abtain these days. A good light is still just as difficult to make than a few years ago.

bernie

LukeK

Enlightened
65 lumens is plenty for a keychain light and I'm sure the quality of the light is top notch. The interface is really great (imo). That said, titanium offers no advantages (disadvantages in a number of cases like heat dissipation) over aluminum except for look. It costs a TON but for those (like Kiessling) who are willing to spend that much for a light that fits their preferences, it's a dream come true. If I were loaded, I'd buy three!

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait.

I'm going to wait for all the early adopters to buy them up, then sell them on the sales board.

Then I'm going to buy 'em all up. Cheap. You heard me. All of them.

I'm then going to cut the ends off them and weld then into a continuous tube several hundred feet long. I'll fill the tube with CR2s in series.

I'll put a HUGE LED array on the end of it. Huge I say.

I'll use that to threaten to bore a hole to the earth's core. I will be able to get the depth exactly right, because I'll leave the volume control on the end. If it were a Fenix control, I'd either be too deep or too shallow. Titanium is ideal for the extra strength. Steel would be too heavy to carry.

Object? Blackmail. I'd start a volcano in New York City or maybe even Iowa if my demands weren't met. No, there would be no self destruct button on it. No clickies, remember?

I'd then retire to my uncharted island underground fortress, guarded by 10,000 black clad Darth Vader look-alikes. Ian Fleming would then feature me in a book. Halle Berry would be my aide, in the uniform of the day - skin tight spandex and high heels of course.

Ugh. I need some sleep :)

Phredd

Enlightened
My intentions? Strictly honorable, I assure you. Well, that is after I cut off the lanyard attachment. And maybe mill a few slots for tritium. After that, I'll take it with me everywhere - in my coin pocket. This is the BEST LIGHT EVER!

It's amazing that people can't stop whining about the price. It made me hesitate at first, but then I thought - I'm worth it. :) This is the light I've always wanted. (plus it looks cool) I like my A2 and my L1 and my Orbs, but I've always hated being limited to just two preset levels! Now I'm free to light up at any level! I feel so liberated!

The TITAN is my new EDC!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wanna' mod it, to add S-O-S mode.

Perhaps even a Strobe setting.

Can't imagine how SureFire expected these to sell otherwise.

:devil:

_

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
My idea of a good, small, light is a 4C Maglite with a Malkoff drop in.

However, I'm sure you guys will be happy with your Titans.