SUREFIRE TITAN..BIGGEST RIPOFF EVER???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FASTCAR

Banned
I wanted to make my own thread about this horrible overpriced light.

Well I have read..and looked at and studied ALL about this titan..did all my homework.I 100% "understand" it.

IMO This is the biggest ripoff ever on CPF.
IMO this light is selling for 10x its worth. Are folks getting 10x the product..NO
IMO this is an average light at best.

For 550 bucks this light SHOULD be 1 or more of the following :

200+ lumens for an hour or more
Have 65 lumens for 8+ hours
Come with 2 spare titans incase the primary breaks
Run forever on free energy
Should be able to teleport the holder at least 50 feet
Have a rebate you send in for 400 bucks

The good:
Should be decent quality if made by SF
G-wizz neeto volume knob for dimming
Made of space age materials...much better wasted on flashlights then for cockpits of jets ..that defend our country.
Nice glass

The Bad:

550 bucks
65 lumens
bad curve
Beamshots are purple
1 hour run time...will it actually run 1 hour non stop..who knows
550 bucks
sells for 10 times what its worth
odd battery
no easy recharge method ( IE cradle like Mag charger or Wolfeyes guider)
Not impressive at all

Take a 60$ish Olight Q5..shine it at some flashlight newbie...he will be impressed and ask " whats that tiny light cost"...60bucks..this may or may not schock the newbie.

Same thing with Titan: ( mind you 1/3 as bright and quite purple)
550 bucks....Are you out of your fricken mind? 550 for a dim light that makes people look like barney?

For the lazy, I have included a link for ya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

Making a living is one thing...making a profit is another thing.
This is almost criminal.

Reminds me of a certain "premium" light that sold about 30 days ago..with a "premium" pricetag....that had a purple beam and regular quality.

I am not anti Surefire at all. I just think SF is WAY overpriced these days.Just like HDS was a few years ago.First gens cost 300+bucks..now the "better" nova version is 1/2 as much.I bet HDS new light will be 150 or so.

I see no special quality at all in this light.No drop dead OMFG new feature that shocked me.Not 1 fantastic spec that makes it worth 10x its value.

This post is not an "insult" to any person..we ALL have likes and dislikes..most here have no problem posting them..NOR do I.
Im honest and have an opinion like all of you.I respect yours ..even if I dont agree.

I will never own this light..nor will I trade 500 bucks for a 100 dollar bill.

I have got several PM,Emails and phone calls with others that agree..Seems im not alone in thinking all this.

The ancient and wise FASTCARfusus say :
No good will come from this titan.All prices will rise because of this 1 event.Soon the days of high quality lights at a modest price will be gone.

I find it funny on cpf that if you dont like a certain brand of light..that people get personally offended...then attack you personally

My opinion
My 2cents

**Plese do not post here unless you agree with me.

**Actuall text from 1 of many Emails from a CPFer I will not name. If he wishes to be named he can do so on his own.I hope this is ok.
This is 1 of the few rational things I have ever been sent.

" I think a lot of these people who are taking offense to your posts fail to realize that CPF is a [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']FORUM [/FONT][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']and a forum is a venue for the expression of opinions. Some people are going to have differing opinions. This is good. That's why we go there. If we didn't want other people's opinions then we could just write emails to ourselves or just post our own Web page and make it private. "[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Un named guy...I could not have said it better.[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']If I did not know better..I would think this is a free country[/FONT]

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, I agree that it's overpriced. However, SF obviously knew this was going to be 1) limited, 2) a "jewelry" light, and 3) collectible. Are there lights with more features for less money? Yeah. However, the infinitely adjustable brightness IS cool. The light seems bigger than it should be, but it's still small. Not my cup of tea, but there are more overpriced pieces of junk out there.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, we get it. You think it's a ripoff. You've made that abundantly clear. Now give it a rest. Simple answer for you here - don't buy it. But don't tell others how to spend their money.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think dspeck's FF3 titanium lights are a bigger ripoff since people got nothing for their money.

How many titanium flashlights are $50? Not even the Fenix L0T was that cheap. So I think your multiplier is a bit high.

I don't think you are helping your argument by exagerating so much.

Regards - Greg

IMO This is the biggest ripoff ever on CPF.
IMO this light is selling for 10x its worth.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
mmmm, Yummy.......reminds me of this thread: :sick:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/175821

I won't be purchase the Titan because of the price, but I don't claim to know what Surefire has invested in this limited run light either. I guess they're probably making a profit but who knows..maybe the profit isn't quite the rip-off you're assuming that it is. They may have had a small team working on this for some time. Maybe it goes through a completely different assembly line. I don't know...considering that they'll sell out and be desired by collectors and enthusiast everywhere, I applaud SF for it's ingenuity and desire to offer special products. This one isn't for me but lights like the X300 and L1 are.

greg in canada I think dspeck's FF3 titanium lights are a bigger ripoff since people got nothing for their money.

How many titanium flashlights are $50? Not even the Fenix L0T was that cheap. So I think your multiplier is a bit high.

That's becuase when Fastcar says 10x he actually means twice the amount or half as much...sometimes one forth though depending, on the situation.
And if he says 99.999999999999999% he just means, a whole bunch, not the actual percentage.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
**Plese do not post here unless you agree with me.

One does not tell others not to post in a thread on CPF.

And while I do have your attention ... please know that your current crusade is being watched by staff. If a conclusion can be reached that your sole intent is to wage war against the Titan and SF it will be stopped according to CPF's rules and ethics.

Concernig your inflammatory posting and discussion style ... see my PM.

bernie

P.S.: on topic ... I applaud SF for taking the risk of actually doing R&D and furthering the art.

kodiak

Enlightened
hey fastcar! I'm so happy to see you started your own thread on this subject. Mabee now you can stop trashing people on the Titan review thread That being said, I can't wait for mine to get here!

Last edited:

jbosman1013

Enlightened
I thought it was a joke at first what was surefire thinking? I was also not impressed by the new G2L I got to play with a week ago it had a very blue tint and rather sad output. Surefire is still my #1 light, I just think some of their new lights could have been better.

Arcoholic

Enlightened
Wow, i certainly agree it is pricey but i can not wait to get mine. In the meantime i look forward to the upcomming threads once they sell on E-bay for double their price...........

curtis22

Enlightened
If a conclusion can be reached that your sole intent is to wage war against the Titan and SF it will be stopped according to CPF's rules and ethics.

Yep. That's way different.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think fast car must have crashed, because he's been aweful uptight lately. Maybe he was blinded by an officer's SF as he rounded a curve.

Maybe it's just the cost of fuel that has got him all upset...

Mellow...

The sun comes up each morning, there is no better lumens for the dollar than that.

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will expect to see you trashing endeavour's nautilus thread and all the mcgizmo stuff as well.

the more you bloviate how right you are, the less I want to listen. may be time to check out the ignore function for the first time.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If a conclusion can be reached that your sole intent is to wage war against the Titan and SF it will be stopped according to CPF's rules and ethics.
Yep. That's way different.
Careful. Perhaps you'd care to read our rules before deciding whether continuing to post in this thread.

LukeK

Enlightened
I can definitely think of bigger ripoffs in the history of CPF.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I think closing this thread might be best, considering its course.

For everyone who wants to approach this topic, please do so in an acceptable manner. Thread closed, topic open.

bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.