Blaster II Delivery Date

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
To all those who have purchased a Blaster II, production run 2:

Blaster_II.16.jpg

I had been told by the factory there may be a setback in the delivery date. I've been waiting to find out if they would arrive on time. Well, they will be late. The rescheduled delivery date is March 18. I sure hope they come sooner, but that is the date given me. I super apologize to everyone. I tried to set a date that would allow for the unforseen. Well, something more unforseen happened: the Luxeon Stars are late arriving, so the whole assembly process has been delayed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I'm sorry and I apologize, but there is not much I can do about it. I'll try to send out emails to the people who have ordered one.

Termac

Newly Enlightened
Re: Blaster II Delivery Date Setback

Electrolumens, I've been following CPF for a long time; I seem to remember when you started out fooling around with Luxeons in copper pipe. I think that the way things have developed to the Blaster II is a very cool thing. My impression is that you will keep moving on to become the class leader in 5 watters. I can't imagine your customers being too upset about a little delay, because it is very cool just to be buying a Blaster.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

my birthday!

does this mean i can have one for free? how about wholesale? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm sure no one will mind a slight delay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the update, Wayne. This sort of thing is not always avoidable and the communication regarding problems which do occur is always appreciated.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
my birthday!

does this mean i can have one for free? how about wholesale? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm sure no one will mind a slight delay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I already sell at wholesale prices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll freely sell one to anyone who will pay.

Happy Birthday!

Wayne j

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

are there any left?

maybe i can convince my parents to get me one for my birthday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks btw.

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened

Darn delays...thanks for the update, Im looking forward to getting mine.

Oh well, I guess I can hold out another week or two...

Aeryk

S4MadMan

Enlightened
No...

...worries here. I just purchased another one, this is my FOURTH Blaster II.

I think I need help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: No...

S4MadMan, I can help, just pass me your 3 other blasters and you can get even more other torches... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: No...

S4MadMan,

It makes it difficult to follow the threads when you start your sentences in the topic. In some of the views, the thread now shows as "Re:NO..." as opposed to "Re:Blaster II Delivery Date Setback" which is much more meaningful for most of us. It would really be easier to follow if you would please just start your sentences in the post section.

Just a suggestion,
Pat

S4MadMan

Enlightened
OK...

...Treek13: OK, noted.

Nerd: Sorry, Blaster IIs are my favorite LEDs of all.

Elektrolumens: why sigh?

flash....

Enlightened
Re: Blaster Delivery

Wayne... it sounds like you will be getting the 5W LS's for both the "5W group buy" and for the blaster II's.
Will you be doing any kind of sorting to split between the Blasters and the group buy? Or do we get the group buy parts still sealed in blister packs? If you do sort... How can we request parts from the different groups?
After all this wait, I hope we get great bin codes from the distributor gods at Future.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
flash.... said:
Wayne... it sounds like you will be getting the 5W LS's for both the "5W group buy" and for the blaster II's.
Will you be doing any kind of sorting to split between the Blasters and the group buy? Or do we get the group buy parts still sealed in blister packs? If you do sort... How can we request parts from the different groups?
After all this wait, I hope we get great bin codes from the distributor gods at Future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not sort out the best for myself, and pass out the rest, if that is what you mean. Right now it is speculative, as I don't know what the bin numbers are. I would expect they are all of the same bin #, but I have no way to know at this point.

I ordered 160 of the lambertian 5W, and 16 SE 5W, 120 of which are to be distributed to others. The extra 40 are some that I myself ordered, and partially from those who cancelled. I've been waiting as long as anybody else in the group buy.

I sold off the SE, as I do not really care much for them, personally. Not to say they are not useful, I just have a personal preferance for a collimated beam.

At this moment they are en route to me. I'll distribute them as quickly as I possibly can.

Wayne j

avusblue

Enlightened

Maybe this is a stupid question . . . will the Blaster II (3-D form factor) be using a 5W luxeon? If so, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif!! I'll go over and order! Based on looking at the EL website, I was thinking it was 1W. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:
Maybe this is a stupid question . . . will the Blaster II (3-D form factor) be using a 5W luxeon? If so, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif!! I'll go over and order! Based on looking at the EL website, I was thinking it was 1W. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out my Blaster web page, I added some info on the three different Blaster configurations:

Blaster Web Page

Wayne j

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just received a partial shipment of the Blaster II flashlights. Enough in this shipment to cover all who have ordered one so far. The rest of the order will come next week sometime. The problem was that the shipment of Luxeon Stars came late to the factory. (Hey, I have to blame it on somebody, right?)

I'll try to ship out as many as I can tomorrow, but I'll probably spend most of my time testing. I need to test each flashlight, so that probably will slow me down in getting them out. They have been tested at the factory, but I'd like to double check.

These have the lambertian Luxeon Star in the. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I have time I'll do a comarison beam shot, comparing the batwing LS Blaster to the lambertian Blaster.

Wayne j