Lumapower LM301 or Fenix L1T Rebel 80?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, would you guys go with the Rebel 80 Fenix or Lumapower ? Long runtime and low low is a priority, yet at the same time, I want raw power. In other words, I desire the greatest difference in the two levels
Thanks

patycake57

Newly Enlightened
IMO, the LM301 has a lower low, but because it uses a resistor, I don't think the run time is nearly as good as it could be. The LM will have a bigger difference between high and low because of the lower low. I think the L1T has better throw and output (I don't think the output is a huge difference). Both beams are quite nice, but the LM is floodier. I am not a particular fan of the off-low-high switch in the LM (it's not bad), and prefer the bezel selection method for the Fenix. The LM is cheaper, but not by that much if you include shipping. In the end, they're both nice lights.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you really want a L2D. ;)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If the Nitecore is as good as it sounds, then that would be my pick.

If it's not as good, the the LM31 would be good. Both are pretty powerful for a AA light(compared to what most people have seen).

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of these two I would have to go with the L1T Rebel 80. HOWEVER, I have never owned one. I have an L2T RB80 and the LM31 (same as 301), and I'm really loving the Rebel lights I have. I don't like the 2 stage switch on the LM because in the dark when you're using the low, you have to switch it to High before you can switch it off. The last thing I need when I'm happily using low is a flash of the High beam. So my LM is taking a trip to the the other side of the globe.

edc3

Enlightened
I've got the LM301 and I REALLY like it. However I've been thinking about picking up an L1T V2 because I prefer forward clicky and I like that the level is switched via the bezel instead of by clicking. BUT now that I've seen the thread for the Nitecore (thanks Gunner12), I think that may the AA light of my dreams. :rock:

Dobbler

Enlightened
I have two of each of these lights. The LM31 has a much lower low mode. The L1T has a higher hi mode. The LM31 is MUCH more flood than throw, unlike the L1T. The LM31 will run quite nicely on alkalines, the L1T will not. The L1T has a nice forward clicky option, the LM31 is only a two-stage reverse clicky. The L1T requires that you twist the bezel to change from low to high. The LM31 is quite a few dollars less expensive. The L1T has a HAIII finish and the LM31 does not.

Two very different lights.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
Hey, would you guys go with the Rebel 80 Fenix or Lumapower ? Long runtime and low low is a priority, yet at the same time, I want raw power. In other words, I desire the greatest difference in the two levels
Thanks

Good timing... After reading this and some other threads and websites , I ordered an L2T. I didnt need the 6 mode light and not being familiar with some of the other brands, I felt Fenix got very fair reviews of their good points and short commings.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
+1 on the LM31, I have ran it for 1.5 days straight and the batteries still aren't giving out on the low mode, but the high mode has dimmed down. It's only down fall is the slightly slippery body.

phosphor

Enlightened
Out of these two I would have to go with the L1T Rebel 80. HOWEVER, I have never owned one. I have an L2T RB80 and the LM31 (same as 301), and I'm really loving the Rebel lights I have. I don't like the 2 stage switch on the LM because in the dark when you're using the low, you have to switch it to High before you can switch it off. The last thing I need when I'm happily using low is a flash of the High beam. So my LM is taking a trip to the the other side of the globe.
If you are using the LM on low just "palm" the bezel with your free hand before you click....no flash....no hesitation...no remorse !

Sometime if my other hand isn't free when I want to click the LM off and avoid the high mode, I just bury the bezel into my thigh and then click.

- regards