• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired HDS Switch needed: Help me out. Withdrawn:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for an HDS 1x123 knurled body/switch. Can't get one from Novatac, I'd like to buy/trade for one for a reasonable price. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Did you find what you were looking for?

I've got a spare switch, however it's not knurled. Do you need the entire thing or just the bottom of the switch? I know some of the knurled bodies allow you to unscrew the switch at the bottom, is yours like this?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a switch would be fine. I'd like to get knurled but smooth will do as well. Thanks.

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
I've got the very bottom of the switch assembly, knurled, but it's missing the spring. As long as the bottom of your switch assembly screws off and you're competent at soldering, it would work. I'll take a picture later tonight when I get home and post it so you can see what I'm talking about.

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
A photo of what I have is below. The switch on the left is good (not available however - it's used on my 2x123 tail). The switch on the right is missing the spring and if someone is proficient with soldering, they could easily put a spring back on it. I don't have the full tail body assembly for this, just the very bottom part where the switch is located. I believe some of the switch bottoms screw off, others are on there so tight you can't get them off. I know all of the smooth switches are permanently attached and it's impossible to get them off without damaging them. I believe some, if not all, of the knurled switch bottoms are removable however. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. If your switch unscrews from the body, this will work for you providing you can put a new spring on it. Is this the only part you're looking for or do you need with with the body as well?

b609e38b19.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just the switch, I can try soldering it. How much? Send a PM please.

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Since I've gotten so much info from these forums and this switch was thrown in on a light I purchased and it's going to take some work to make it usable, I don't see a need to charge for it. Just ask that you cover the shipping and it's yours. Send me a PM with your shipping info.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I've gotten so much info from these forums and this switch was thrown in on a light I purchased and it's going to take some work to make it usable, I don't see a need to charge for it. Just ask that you cover the shipping and it's yours. Send me a PM with your shipping info.

Wow, that is very decent of you. That's why I love CPF so much :twothumbs

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Others have done similar, the switch isn't doing me any good just sitting here and if everybody were to pay it forward, everyone would be happier. Anyway, maybe one day when I need something someone will step up and help me out. It's a karma thing.:buddies:

luminata

Enlightened
This is getting to be seen less and less on CPF and it is good to see once in awhile. Most of the time nowadays someone in need on CPF is seen as a juicy target for financial exploitation. :( You are a good man.:thumbsup:

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
The switch has been shipped. Instead of reimbursing me for shipping why don't you just post a couple of picks of your HDS once you've gotten it working. We'll call it even then.

By the way, if anyone has a spare U60XRGT they're not using, send me a PM. Looking for something good to mint, original/no mods.