SOLUS SH-1250 Flashlight

Gladius01

Enlightened
I saw the new model SOLUS SH-1250. Any one in the forum have this flashlight?

Solus SH-1250
SH.jpg

http://www.ssp.ie/prod_sh1250.htm

I like to know if anyone have experience with this flashlight and let us know about it.

Gladius01

Enlightened
I posted this in the wrong Heading section, I wanted this in LED Flashlight not in LED. Can someone let me know how to move this to the correct Heading, which is LED Flashlight or can Administrator move this, please. I had a look and have no idea how to move this title to different heading.

Greta

Flashaholic
I posted this in the wrong Heading section, I wanted this in LED Flashlight not in LED. Can someone let me know how to move this to the correct Heading, which is LED Flashlight or can Administrator move this, please. I had a look and have no idea how to move this title to different heading.
Moved.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The specs are ridiculously unclear ... they don't even mention the light source :sick2:

The concept is appealing though ... looks like a very well thought out light.

bernie

Gladius01

Enlightened

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
SOLUS SH-1250
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
SH-1250 Specification
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Light Output Comparable to 150 Watt Halogen / 35 Watt HID Lamp
1.25 Hours Burntime at 100% Output
Up to 12 Hours Burntime at 10% Output
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Handpiece dimensions: 63mm dia (head) X 180mm length [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High Intensity Solid State Light Engine
Dimmable to increase burn times
Extremely Robust Design
Military Specification Anodised Aluminium Housings
>33,000 Hr Lamp Life
6500°K Colour Temperature - Ideal for Photography / Videography
Excellent Penetration
7.5 ° Beam angle
Proximity Switching - No possibility of leakage through switch
Through Case Charging - Reduced possibility of leakage due to seal damage
Intelligent Universal Charger included as standard
Features Battery Protection & Thermal Protection systems
[/FONT]

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a thread on CPF somewhere on the SOLUS SH-500 if you search for it. It uses luxeon III LEDs. According to the website the 1250 looks identical and has identical runtimes but brighter output. The logical explanation would be that they have replaced the Luxeon III with Seoul or Cree LEDs. If this is the case then I guess the SH-500 review would be mostly relevant.

edit: here it is-
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/163204

I even commented about it in that thread.

edit edit:
Ah... You were on that thread too. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Gladius01

Enlightened
There's a thread on CPF somewhere on the SOLUS SH-500 if you search for it. It uses luxeon III LEDs. According to the website the 1250 looks identical and has identical runtimes but brighter output. The logical explanation would be that they have replaced the Luxeon III with Seoul or Cree LEDs. If this is the case then I guess the SH-500 review would be mostly relevant.

edit: here it is-
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/163204

I even commented about it in that thread.

edit edit:
Ah... You were on that thread too. Nevermind.

Yes, I were on that tread as well. Seem tobe very little interest on this particular flashlight, I just don't know why. I'm sure this flashlight have very good feed back. Myabe this one is a new model.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit too expensive for me.
That includes the extra battery, but still not worth it as I'm not a hardcore diver. Furthermore while I"m sure it does well underwater, I'd say the light will likely have heat issues if its used out in the air with 7 SSC's packed in so close on such a small body.

DM51

Flashaholic
A bit too expensive for me.
That includes the extra battery, but still not worth it as I'm not a hardcore diver. Furthermore while I"m sure it does well underwater, I'd say the light will likely have heat issues if its used out in the air with 7 SSC's packed in so close on such a small body.
I've just seen this thread, and I see some of you have also referred to my review of the Solus SH-500, which I did ~6 months ago.

The SH-1250 is an updated version, with SSCs instead of Luxeon III emitters, twice as bright (1,250 lumens) but otherwise the same body etc. It works fine out of the water, although obviously its principal intended use is as a dive light.

I have not dived with the SH-1250, but I have with the SH-500. I can say is that the 500 has a stunningly bright wall-of-light, wide-angle, flood beam, as you can see from the beamshots in my review. And the 1250 is more than twice as bright as that...

PhantomPhoton, your "expensive" link is to a different unit which has a separate battery compartment and an umbilical.

Gladius01

Enlightened
I've just seen this thread, and I see some of you have also referred to my review of the Solus SH-500, which I did ~6 months ago.

The SH-1250 is an updated version, with SSCs instead of Luxeon III emitters, twice as bright (1,250 lumens) but otherwise the same body etc. It works fine out of the water, although obviously its principal intended use is as a dive light.

I have not dived with the SH-1250, but I have with the SH-500. I can say is that the 500 has a stunningly bright wall-of-light, wide-angle, flood beam, as you can see from the beamshots in my review. And the 1250 is more than twice as bright as that...

PhantomPhoton, your "expensive" link is to a different unit which has a separate battery compartment and an umbilical.

Thanks DM51,

I just wonder where you can purchase one and do you know any link that have review about this new SH-1250 model. Very interesting and like to know more about it.

DM51

Flashaholic
Take a look at the updated Solus website - I've only just seen this new version myself.

I haven't been in contact with them recently. They were in a bit of a rush to get stuff ready for the Dive Show, but that is now done and with the new website it looks like they are open for business.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got e-mail from Kevin in Solus. The price of SH-1250 is 800 euro.

Seems ovepriced IMO. The SH-500 is only 600 euro. There's no significant difference in price between SSC P4 and Luxeon III LEDs so why the 200 euro price hike? This is nearly twice the price of the wiseled tactical and while I do prefer this light, I couldn't justify paying twice the price.

Gladius01

Enlightened
Seems ovepriced IMO. The SH-500 is only 600 euro. There's no significant difference in price between SSC P4 and Luxeon III LEDs so why the 200 euro price hike? This is nearly twice the price of the wiseled tactical and while I do prefer this light, I couldn't justify paying twice the price.

I know. I just had the e-mail from Solus. I like this flashlight but because of this flashlight is for diving, it may not be the most suitable flashlight for trekking. So, that is not really the flashlight for me, I wish it is like WiseLED Tactical, which can be use both, in water and in air.