Kai Triple Cree/Seoul

max52

Newly Enlightened
I saw that Kaidomain.com had a triple Seoul light for 39.99 that is sold out. He also has a triple Cree that is in stock for 44.97. The specs on the triple Seoul was 400 Lumens. There were no specs on the Tiple Cree.
I have read no reviews on these lights. Did I miss a thread? Would appreciate input from the knowledgeable CPF membership.

bspofford

Enlightened
I have both. The MX Power CREEX3 is a thrower, and the Kai SSCX3 is a wide flood. Both use 4 CR123A cells. The MX is a 3-mode while the Kai is a one-mode light. Construction on the MX is a little better, and I had to take the Kai apart and clean it up. You can remove the extension on the Kai, and it seems to give the same output on 3 cells. I swapped the tailcap clicky on the Kai for a LumaPower 2-stage low/hi/off clicky, and it is much improved.

sims2k

Enlightened
I have both. The MX Power CREEX3 is a thrower, and the Kai SSCX3 is a wide flood. Both use 4 CR123A cells. The MX is a 3-mode while the Kai is a one-mode light. Construction on the MX is a little better, and I had to take the Kai apart and clean it up. You can remove the extension on the Kai, and it seems to give the same output on 3 cells. I swapped the tailcap clicky on the Kai for a LumaPower 2-stage low/hi/off clicky, and it is much improved.

How is the runtime on the MX Cree3 and Kai SSCx3 ? 4 cells are expensive if they only last 30 minutes.

LEDite

Enlightened
sims2k;

I measured the Triple Cree battery current @ 0.57 amps.

So about an hour and a half for good rechargables.

Larry

Last edited: