New Surefire 6P L.E.D

tradition

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. First post here, got some simple questions that i couldent really find with some searching.

I just got a new Surefire 6P L.E.D flash light. I love it! Its a perfect size. I was excited to see it was 80 lums, but now im wanting more lums.

I want to bump it up to about 200 (ish) lums. I have seen these cree 200-225 lum "lamps" on ebay, are they good? Are those only for the reg 6P that isnt L.E.D already.

What one do i get? i see all these different volts and what not?

Aslo the flash light (as-is) has a run time of about 20 hours i think, if i get a new bulb with more lums how much will that go down ?

Thanx alot for the help guys!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Don't buy drop-ins from eBay, almost all of them can be found at a lower price at Dealextreme and none of them are actually that bright(still brighter then the P60L module though, also check this thread).

The 6PL has a long runtime due to the fact that it drives the LED at a resonable current and the runtime is of usable light(runtime at full output is around 3 hours, runtime charts). The 6PL is the same as the Incan 6P except with the P60L LED module.

The brightest drop-in as of right now is probably a Dereelight 1 stage Q5 module. Runtime will be shorter but it will also be much brighter. I'm guessing the runtime to be 1.5-2 hours with 170+ lumen out the front (220+ actual lumen at the LED).

:welcome:

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Surefire measures lumens out the front of the assembled light. Most other manufacturers measure lumens at the emitter of an unassembled light which does not take into account light lost from the reflector or glass. Obviously the Surefire method is the accurate one. You can get an estimate of real lumens if you multiply other manufacturer's claims by .65

Is there a list of manufacturers other than Surefire that measure output correctly?