Cape Cod gets creamed...wide scale power outages

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
We really got creamed here yesterday. I had an 89mph gust that took out my anemometer (found it 3 doors down embedded in a basketball hoop. Alot of power outages here. First light broken out was the HF 35W HID. It sure did light up the neighborhood. I could see about a dozen fallen trees down the street. Everyone came out of their homes thinking it was the repair linesmen. I said sorry :D. They asked if this thing is brighter than a 1 million candlepower spotlight from Wally World. I said "you got eyes" :naughty:. I used the MRV for spotting close objects and a SF M3 for damage inspection. as usual, it was the headlamp that was used the most. I had a couple of 1w Nuwai headlamps that worked out ok. Maybe I'll get one from DX with an SSC. A couple of nice LED lanterns would have been ok. I used a 12 led one and 2 coleman propane lanterns (nice cause they gave off heat too during the power outage). Interesting weekend, but tiring. If anyone asks to borrow your best light , tell em NO.

DaveG

Enlightened
Good luck,let us know how things turn out,we dodged the bullet on that one in So.New England.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh -- You must be on the outside part of the Cape. My inlaws live in East Sandwich and they're fine. Well, I did hear that Dennis got flooded and that's on the inside coast.

I hope your power comes back soon. It's nice for flashlighting though. :)