Surefire G2L Head Made From Aluminum?

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Nice pickup, this is an interesting development indeed. Hopefully someone can jump in give us some information if this change has occurred or not and why. If it has changed, my guess would be because of thermal properties...

KROMATICS

Enlightened
It also has the hex bezel instead of the little nubs. Poor little nubs. When did that happen?

KROMATICS

Enlightened
So they are going to have a metal head for the yellow version too? Can't anodize it yellow so it would have to be painted. :thinking:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
So they are going to have a metal head for the yellow version too? Can't anodize it yellow so it would have to be painted. :thinking:
Why not? Remember CR2 Ion? They had Type-III HA in all flavors.
cr2ny0.jpg

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
I noticed this the other day on the Surefire web site but thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Things that make you go "hmmm"...

Penguin

Enlightened
Heat issues most likely... although the P60L is advertised to have a smart driver, automatically toning down the current when too much heat has built up...

alantch

Enlightened
The image looked to me like it was photoshopped. The change is most likely due to heat issues I suppose.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I don't get it. If someone wants a metal light just get the 6P and if someone wants the nitrolin get the G2. I don't get Surefire when they throw on a 6P head on the G2 and call it a day.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Show me anyone, Anyone, who orders one and gets a 6P head on a G2 body! I think it's just a photo someone snuck in there at Surefire. If they really did ship this, they would owe people the proper head per their replacement policy. It's just a shot of lego, not product.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Show me anyone, Anyone, who orders one and gets a 6P head on a G2 body! I think it's just a photo someone snuck in there at Surefire. If they really did ship this, they would owe people the proper head per their replacement policy. It's just a shot of lego, not product.

But is USED to be a nitrolon head.