Has anyone got their new JetBeam MKII.R yet???

john46268

Newly Enlightened
If so, where are you, when did you get it and how happy are you with it.

Rumour has it they are out.

I aint got mine yet.

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
I think they are being posted out today by retailers.

bugoutgear are, anyway.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I just received a post saying mine has been posted! I wonder how long it'll take to get from Mass to Indianapolis...

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday!. I greased up the threads and tried it out.
I immediately noticed flickering on HIGH and tried tightening up the base. This seemed to fix it for now, but I'm keeping an eye open. Other than that it seems ok. I find simple mode just that :)

Chime in people!

John

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
Haven't got mine yet. What did you clean the threads with? WD40?

Drummer

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at the MkII Rs. Can someone tell me if the daily mode is programmable for initial power level (ie. making it turn on high first instead if mid)?

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at the MkII Rs. Can someone tell me if the daily mode is programmable for initial power level (ie. making it turn on high first instead if mid)?

The Daily mode is programmable in that it can remember the last setting you had it one when it was shut down. Hope that answers you question.

Last edited:

jcompton

Enlightened
I have had a tracking # for a few days now and it looks like mine is somewhere between the US and Hong Kong. I hope to have it by the end of the week.
:popcorn:

John

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
Got mine the 8th, posted from Hobbiesngear. I believe he got them in before Bugout. I've lubed it with Tetra, tweaked the light a little and am very pleased with it. I like the daily mode, it's what I'm most likely to use. Twice I've accidentally gotten into advanced mode and had to look up how to get out of it. I'm going to continue to stay out of it.:thumbsup:

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Got mine on Thurs from Bugoutgear.
Beautiful finish on the HAIII. Nice switch although it makes tailstand a little wobbly. double oring seals and springs at both battery contact points seems like a great idea.
Right out of the box I noticed the same thing as John. Flickering. Weird, but tightening it up makes it go away. I also used some nyogel on the threads. I don't think the lube itself did anything (it is non-conductive), but I figured I'd mention it. At first it seemed I had to tighten the light almost excessively to make this flickering go away, but after taking the head on and off a few times and basically working the threads some, the problem went away entirely. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to be a kind of break in thing. I don't know how many lights are effected but on mine I must emphasize that it went away completely after just taking the head off and on a couple times and has not come back.

It seems to remember the last function you used in basic mode as long as you left it in that mode for more than 2 seconds and then leave it off for more than two seconds before turning it back on. It does not seem to remember the last function in the advanced mode.

I have not yet used it with a 14500 cell, but it is very bright with a NiMh. Remember, the output on high is still only 1V, the problem is in the amperage drawn. Alkaline creates resistance very quickly here which is why it won't achieve the brightness or runtimes of NiMh and Li-Ion.

Hope that helps
-Pete

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I started with a cleaning with an old toothbrush then used nyogel (sp) before I got the flickering problems and basically did what you did to releive it.
It's alright now, but if I have it apart again, I'll wipe off a bit of the excess nyogel(sp). Thanks for the feedback guys :)

P.S. I'm running NiMh and they seem fine (Eneloops)

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
It seems to remember the last function you used in basic mode as long as you left it in that mode for more than 2 seconds and then leave it off for more than two seconds before turning it back on. It does not seem to remember the last function in the advanced mode.

Does yours flicker to indicate that it has remembered which function to keep? My C-LE v.2 flickers to indicate memory, but the MKII.R does not...even though the manual says it is suppose to.