LED Lenser LL7438 - Police Tech Focus

lightsabre

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I would like to seek your help and advice with regards to this. I bought supposedly new LED Lenser LL7438 - Police Tech Focus from a seller on eBay.

Everything works well. Am impressed by its performance. However, upon closer examination, I found a "imperfection" in the lens.

The area is highlighted in red (in the picture).

The seller claimed it is a engineering feature that comes with the LED Lenser flashlights. I can't verify his claims. Hence, need the advice and help from you folks, esp. owners of the LED Lenser LL7438 whether it is indeed true or whether I had been taken for a ride.

Many thanks.
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1336838_LEDLenserPoliceTechA.JPG

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1336837_LEDLenserPoliceTechB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

nmanchin

Newly Enlightened
this is a "mold line" where they snap them off of a mold. not exactly an engineering feature but no worries, enjoy the light.

W-c.Scenario

Newly Enlightened
Same here, I even sent it back to the store since I thought it was damaged ... got a new light ... guess what, it also had that "mold line" :p

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine "had" it too but after sometime it's gone because I never noticed it any more....:nana:
Still wonder why many others managed to make ones without the distint mold line? :confused:

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
Now all you need to do is modify it with a Seoul P4 and double the output.

Have you seen a howto, or any articles/guides about doing that anywhere? I've seen a thread with a guy selling upgrades, but seems to be only for US customers.

thanks,
stevo

lightsabre

Newly Enlightened
A BIG Thank You to those who had responded to my post and query. Much appreciated it.

I'm now assured that it is an inherent feature formed during its production. And that is a real McCoy.

This flashlight is awesome. So much so that I am thinking of getting another one. It really lightened up my day and night :)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my lights with optics have them. :p I thought WTF the first time I saw one as well. Beyond that how do you like the light? I still haven't tried an LED lenser yet mostly because most models run off of 3 AAAs.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Want to know what type of "quality" you can expect from your light in the future?....

Click on the link in post #13, after you follow the link, read post #58 on THAT thread.

Sorry.... but there's a reason why Coast lights are not very popular on CPF.

gorn

Enlightened
I own a few LED lensers. I like them although I find them to be a little expensive for what they are. You will find here on CPF that some people will put down brands for no good reason other than they are fanboys for some other brand. If you like the brand then more power to you. The only problem I ever had with an LED lenser was with the micro small red led light that looks like a real small maglite. I gave it to my son who bent it in half during a parachute jump. It's kinda hard to pin that problem on the brand. Oh and by the way, welcome to CPF.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen a howto, or any articles/guides about doing that anywhere? I've seen a thread with a guy selling upgrades, but seems to be only for US customers.

thanks,
stevo

Post 100 odd in the above link had pics of how to mod by EngrPaul. But it appears all the pics have gone.

Or you could buy one already modified by flashcrazy and use member Unforgivens Small Package International Forwarding Service . UK member Fluke did this and I think it worked out all in around the same price of buying the bog standard product in the UK.