My 1st lithium light

Retinator

Enlightened
My b-day was back on Halloween (not kidding) and a friend of mine ordered my an Inova X5.

After a year of ogling my X1, my friend tells me he was going to pickup one for him and his GF. Just got mine today.

I've been wanting to get something lithium based since last winter, when my 3-AAA Lux I died in the cold (less than -15 C).
Sure it's outdated and all, but it still is a great light, I can't wait till night to go play with it. I'm undecided if I should keep it in the car, or keep it on me, but I'm favoring EDCing it for a bit to see how it fits and all.

The threads were a little dry and scratchy, but otherwise, everything's perfect.

Now that I've gone to lithium, the next step is a Surefire someday. It's too bad I spent a good chunk of my xmas budget on SAKs :(

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still think, even with all of the lights that have passed through my hands, that the Inova X5T provides the smoothest flood of light..

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know how much you know about lights so I apologize in advance. You can get affordable lights that work well on NiMH rechargeables and work OK on alkalines. How about a Fenix? They offer very good bang for the buck and work on commonly available batteries.
Lithiums are available online for around $1.50 to $2.00 each but I have read that they may get caught up in customs because it is apparently against regulations for lithium primaries to be shipped via Canada Post (this doesn't mean that they cannot get through though).
Again I am sorry if you already know this stuff. Have fun with your new light!

Retinator

Enlightened
I still think, even with all of the lights that have passed through my hands, that the Inova X5T provides the smoothest flood of light..
Is there any difference between the X5 & X5T? I guess that the 'T' is tactical, but they already have the 'T' series.
The back of the barcode says X5MT. I guess the terms are interchangable.

But ya, the flood is very smooth, very clean beam, good tint. I'm happy :)

Retinator

Enlightened
Don't know how much you know about lights so I apologize in advance. You can get affordable lights that work well on NiMH rechargeables and work OK on alkalines. How about a Fenix? They offer very good bang for the buck and work on commonly available batteries.
Lithiums are available online for around $1.50 to $2.00 each but I have read that they may get caught up in customs because it is apparently against regulations for lithium primaries to be shipped via Canada Post (this doesn't mean that they cannot get through though).
Again I am sorry if you already know this stuff. Have fun with your new light!
Thanx for the advice. I stay away from rechargeables because I don't use my lights that much. (oh the sacrilige!) Hmmm maybe I should look into a security job lol.

Fenix seems ok, but like Inova, I was never really drawn to them, no idea why. I like Inova now, but never liked their apperance much, it's kind of worn on me in time.

For now, I think my needs are met well enough. Sure I wouldlove to pick up an A2 or E2L/E1L, but they're low priorities for me now :(

I have no quibbles on ordering 123a's online, just gotta bulk up the quantity for my 2 friends and we'll all split the shipping. Much better than $8/ea OW!

Oh and now I know what 'flashahol' smells like lol (That can't be healthy)
If it wasn't raining I'd be out walking the light, leave the dog at home lol, he trips me a lot :)

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, IIRC, the first generation X5 didn't have a push-button tailcap. They were introduced after a while, becoming the X5T.

I think the "m" on your package signifies the new nichia LEDs, but I can't verify that..