is there a reason why theres titans popping up all over the place?

Illum

Flashaholic
several weeks before everyones excited to see and hear of others receiving their titans preordered from a number of different places including opticsHQ, etc

several weeks later suddenly theres quite a number of titans switching hands...including a few thats not even opened, was there a reason for this?
this is the first [call me inexperienced] time I saw a light that cost this much switch hands this quickly:confused:

the magnitude of the migration doesn't remind me of lemmings...yet, but the curiosity's getting to me

heres a couple examples [current market place threads]
[Russtang] FS..SUREFIRE TITAN #0122
[griff]
FS Surefire Titan Very Low Serial #
[Maxlight] FS: SureFire TITAN * Price Drop *
[brightspot] SOLD----FS Surefire TITAN-----SOLD [note unpoened light]

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess they're capitalizing on the small number of lights produced. It won't be long before the used market will be the only place to get them, then costs are really going to shoot up.

Supernam

Enlightened
Just make friends with someone who works at a place that sells SF's. When my friend worked at *****'s ***********, I got SF's for 30% off.

Gaffle

Enlightened
I think it is the same phenomenon as with the video game consoles. People sold XBox 360s for a lot more $ than the purchased price.

nuggett

Enlightened
Arent they all sold from dealers already? Or can I still order one from my dealer?

Radio

Modulated Moderator
nice explanation...I see now :thanks:
still, I never stop wondering whether or not titan is the first surefire to NOT meet the expectations of die hard surefire fans :thinking:

The TITAN is not your typical SF light. I collect SF's and held off on this one. I'm still on the fence, I need to play with one first before I make up my mind. I'm not against shelf queens but I still have to "like" it. :crackup:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty sure that a number of folks purchased 2 to ensure that they could pick the one that was nicest for them and then sell the 2nd one to subsidize the purchase of the first.

Here is the math on how to get a $350.00 Titan:

Purchase: Titan A + Titan B = $1000.00

Sale: Titan B = $650.00

Formula: Titan A - Profit from Titan B = $350.00

Last edited:

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there is the usual disapointments and short honeymoons and suddenly well it wasn't worth $ 500 you know ?

Then there are those that as mentioned above strive to make $150 right off the bat, saying things like I got two so one has to go--well if one HAS to go why offer it at $150 above what you paid ?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty sure that a number of folks purchased 2 to ensure that they could pick the one that was nicest for them and then sell the 2nd one to subsidize the purchase of the first.

Sale: Titan B = $550.00

Huh! all of that =:crackup:

jcompton

Enlightened

Sale: Titan B = $550.00

Actually we're looking at a $450.00 price tag on the Titan after that formula. :twothumbs