SF 9P in silver, where can I get accessories?

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a silver color SF 9P, old style, with rounded body and bezel. This is my first Surefire, I like it alot. But the problem is it is in silver, and all the accessroies SF offer are either in black or HA. Now I want to add KL3 and clickie to it, but cannot match the color. Any suggestion on what I can do?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
strip it and have it re-anodyzed?
buy a new 9p?

that's all i can think of...

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
eelnoraa said:
I recently got a silver color SF 9P, old style, with rounded body and bezel. This is my first Surefire, I like it alot. But the problem is it is in silver, and all the accessroies SF offer are either in black or HA. Now I want to add KL3 and clickie to it, but cannot match the color. Any suggestion on what I can do?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about getting the KL3 in black instead of hard anodized. Mix the components as a 9P that's black AND silver. Makes it stand out nicely if you ask me...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
You can have the KL3 beadblasted? There are some modders here on CPF that have blasted their ARCs to silver.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a silver 9P too. I use it as a night stand/bump in the night light. The good thing about silver is that its much easier to locate in the dark compared to black or HA. It catches whatever little ambient light is in the room.

I can tell you that an HA bezel looks lousy on it. Black looks ok, but not as good as you would think.

I would just add a second light for LED/clickie/accesssories purposes, and keep the silver one as is.

At first I wasn't crazy about the looks of the silver, but it grows on you, and now I really like it. The non LOTC is better for night stand use too imho.

Steve

Latest posts