Poor Man's 9P or 5W Legend LX Mod

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Poor Man\'s 9P or 5W Legend LX Mod

Just got these from Matt the Machinist (WRMS6) and I now have the parts needed to convert a Legend LX into either a SF P9x (simple drop-in mod as described elsewhere here and on a couple CPF'ers sites) AND/OR 5W DD 3x123 blinding beauty. Here's a couple of them (study the battery tubes, as head and tailcap are stock LX items although one set was "slimmed down" by Matt as described in another thread)...

fc89dece.jpg

...and the Tactical model with delrin grip collar...

fc89decf.jpg

...which allows a variety of holds (wimpy "cigar hold" shown here):

fc89ded0.jpg

Don't let the subtle knurling and grooving fool you; when you actually handle them you will find they are extremely grippy. And the added length really helps to balance out the look of the LX's once-bulbous head.

For info and pricing please leave me outta this (unless you want a new and elegant style of 5W mod, to be out soon as I get some free time to work up the mod) and contact Matt directly:

[email protected]

Matt and I sincerely Thank You for your support...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: Poor Man\'s 9P

very nice!!!

how is the delrin held into position? i am looking into making something similar (for a brink 3aa mod) and have been contemplating using the gap body and the tailswitch...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

"PayPal sent..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I thought I was joking until I read your email...

Now, it's really been sent! <font color="blue">"Thanks Mr. B!!"</font>

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Siggy, got your PP, goes out hopefully tomorrow...

Roth, the Delrin is machined to tightly slide on is all. The tailcap should be slightly bigger and prevents it from coming off. In the pic I'm using the turned-down switch ("on a diet" machined) which is about the same diameter as the tube but it is still so precisely tight there was no problem, but to be safe use the stock switch which should create a raised lip between the tube and switch cap.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok, thanks...i guess i'll have to think of something else... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Matt,

NICE WORK!

Charlie,

I see a batch of ultra white, 5 watt LS in these modified Legend LX lights!

If You and Matt do a run of these, count me in for at least one!

THIS is the form factor that I like a LOT! EASY to slip into your pocket, and the LX tailcap is SOLID! MEE LIKEEE!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I've got a 5 watt Cyan Charlie put in a standard LX...as soon as I get my "extended tube"...I'll post some beamshots of both. Can't wait, maybe "Santa Mailman" will arrive today...I hope!