Pelican 7060 Candlepower

maxilux

Enlightened
I have a question about the Pelican 7060, they say it has 130 Lumen, we talked about, i can not trust this, i think it is more.
Can anyone say how much Candlepower this light has ? On their website i can not find anything about.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Candlepower is usually used for how far a light throws(brightest point of the hotspot, not overall output) while lumens is the overall output(the whole hotspot and spill). You are comparing two different measurements.

The light definitely has more then 130 lumens(unless you got a lemon).

How many candlepower? I don't know.

maxilux

Enlightened
I know the difference between Lumen and Candlepower, but that was not my Question. No one knows the Candlepower of the "LAPD".
At some older lights Pelican gives the Lumen and Candlepower.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how responsive Pelican is, but you could try calling or sending them an email regarding the specifications. It's possible they don't measure the candlepower ratings of thier lights any more.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candlepower has fallen out of favor for advertising, so it will be very rare to find candlepower claims... honestly few people care about candlepower. You seem to be an exception. ;)
Unfortunately I don't have the light or a method to adequately measure candlepower, sorry.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Pelican 7060 measured 10,850 lux @ 1 meter.

I used a Meterman LM631 Light Meter measured at 1 meter. I waited 2 minutes before taking the readings.

I can convert this amount to FC (Foot Candles) but I am not sure this is the same as Candlepower.

To convert this amount to FC, 1008 FC @ 1 meter.

Last edited:

Jay T

Enlightened
My Pelican 7060 measured 10,850 lux @ 1 meter.

I used a Meterman LM631 Light Meter measured at 1 meter. I waited 2 minutes before taking the readings. I am using AW's Protected 18650 which were fully charged.

Umm you are using the AW cell in what?