what are the best 1 aaa lights ?

uncleknife

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been here in a while, what are the best single aaa led flashlight now?

ARC AAA premium & peak were at (or near the top) of the heap, when last I looked.

I am looking for a factory light, not a custom light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on what "best" means to you.. if you want tough, Arc and Peak are still there. Bright has been infiltrated by Fenix and a bajillion other small lights with cree and seoul LEDs..

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd still go for an Arc AAA-p, which have recently been updated with a brighter, whiter DS LED.

Regards,
Tempest

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recently asked Peak if they would put a cree in a matterhorn, they are looking into it and will let me know in 2-3 weeks.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Best reliability?
Arc AAA DS or a Peak AAA light(I think they are avaliable with the Seoul P4 LED)

Best Bang per Buck?
The Kaidomain 1 AAA Seoul P4 light

Best usability?
I would say the Fenix L0D-CE or the Liteflux LF2

Many things have changes since you were last here. Now we have LEDs that output over 200 lumens at 3.7v and 1 amp(we are getting close to 300 Lumen at that drive current, next year they will arrive) and with double or more the efficiency of the Luxeon I, III, V and K2 LEDs. They are the Cree XR=E(P4-R2 bin), Seoul P4(U or the upcoming V bin) and the Luxeon Rebel 100.

The 1 AAA L0D-CE outputs about 45 lumens on high, if modded with a Cree Q5(it currently has a P4), it should be close to 60 lumens.

Welcome Back(now is a great time for LEDs)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Everyone has already said it but I thought I'd +1 their opinions about the arcAAA and the LODCE. I only have one arc, but I do have 3 LODCEs. They get lots of use.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to spend the time playing with it and figuring out the modes...
Liteflux2.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I thought Peak had a SSC AAA light in the Baltic already? Does it have to be a Cree? I know they prefer the SSC version and generally only use that emitter in recent lights.

As discussed, there are plenty of options. I just opted for a Liteflux LF2 due to the easy two stage functionality and user programmable levels.