brand new to CPF... but a flashaholic from old...

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened
hey guys! i'm a transplant from EZpicking.com and use the same avatar/sn. i have a question regarding LEDs. i am looking at purchasing either the Coast Digi Tac II, the Digi Tac rechargeable, or the Tactical Focus Beam. i'm used to my Streamlight TL3... which i LOVE... and i have a modded 2-c mag with 3 cr123s and a 6-cell mag bulb... i prefer the incandescent color but i was told that the Coast lights are near sun-colored.... any truth to this, and even better, are any of you disappointed with your Coast purchases? (i ask because there's bound to be at least one person here who has one) i am just looking for the best LED i can find for the money.... and it really does pain me to say that i'm looking for LED flashlights now, i guess because i haven't found quality yet. please help... any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I would avoid Coast lights If I were you, there is a reason why Coast is not usually discussed here. Bad quality, bad waterproofing. There are lights with newer LED(that have double or more the efficiency of the Luxeons used in the Coasts, hence double the output) at the same or lower price.

Usually the best bang for the buck LED lights are in the Cree/Seoul/Rebel section of Dealextreme and Kaidomain.

I would suggest the MTE Seoul if you want 1 AA, the WF-400 with 2 18650 batteries and a charger if you want rechargeable and avoid 3AAA lights.

I'd say but the MTE Seoul first and see how you like it.

If you are all out for quality at a good price, try Fenix(Cree or Rebel lights) or Olight.

:welcome:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would avoid Coast lights If I were you, there is a reason why Coast is not usually discussed here. Bad quality, bad waterproofing. There are lights with newer LED(that have double or more the efficiency of the Luxeons used in the Coasts, hence double the output) at the same or lower price.

Usually the best bang for the buck LED lights are in the Cree/Seoul/Rebel section of Dealextreme and Kaidomain.

I would suggest the MTE Seoul if you want 1 AA, the WF-400 with 2 18650 batteries and a charger if you want rechargeable and avoid 3AAA lights.

I'd say but the MTE Seoul first and see how you like it.

If you are all out for quality at a good price, try Fenix(Cree or Rebel lights) or Olight.

:welcome:

I agree. (that was an easy post :D)