Im a Flashaholic!!!!

absinth44

Newly Enlightened
Snifle.. just found out.. im a flashaholic,... :oops:
dident know forums where this dangerous..
bought a fenix l2p v2. really love this light.
but then i just had to buy a light for my pocket. so i went for fenix p1d q5.. wow.. i dont have much experience with bright led, so im blown away:)

thx for a lovely forum.

ps. any ideas for getting my GF interested in flashlights aswell? (need excuse for buying more flashlight)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Now run away and ban this site before the sickness overcomes you.

For your GF, how about a 1AA MTE Seoul, good amount of light, simple to use, a common battery, quality is pretty good for the price, and not very expensive.

Good choice of starting lights(especially the P1D-CE Q5).

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: I think Fenix lights are a great way to start. Maybe you could get your GF a Fenix EO for her keys. Its not too expensive and this way you can she if she discovers the value of always having a light handy. If she remains interested you can get her an upgrade for her purse like a AA light and if not then at least you know she will have something available on her for any situations requiring light. While you are at it may I suggest you get one for your keychain as well. The E0 will not WOW anyone but it has a long runtime and is bright enough to walk around in the dark and for up close tasks.

absinth44

Newly Enlightened
thx for that:) think this forum should be banned:)
but i have to have a look each day to see if there something new.
so i guess its to late:)
the thing with my GF is that she thinks the flashlights i bought are to small.... i thought size dident matter???

lets hope i cant find a cure for the flashaholic thing:)
keep on searching for the light all:)

Patriot

Flashaholic
:welcome:

For the GF how about a small keychain light like a Photon for a first light.
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Photon_2.php

If she likes it you can upgrade to a LODCE or something for Christmas.

absinth44
the thing with my GF is that she thinks the flashlights i bought are to small

In that case, how about a 2D Magled for around the house and power outages. You could get her a purty blue one or something.

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:Now Log Out,and don't come back.Save yourself and your GF..from this madness. Oh have you seen the new Nitecore defender,I'm sure that would get your GF hooked.

Good Luck.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
First of all, welcome to CPF! Enjoy your stay! I won't warn you about this place, as others did that already....

any ideas for getting my GF interested in flashlights aswell? (need excuse for buying more flashlight)

It is known to be possible, but very hard to do. Recently CPFer Greenled succeeded, check his thread in the cafe. My personal advice is to start off with Pink maglites like the Minimag AA and the Solitaire, possibly mod them a bit. If these lights don't do the trick, prepare to spend serious ammounts of $$ on some sexy flashlight jewelry that might spark her interest. If you are going to take this route, make sure you buy lights that you wouldn't mind adding to your own collection. :grin2:

Better to give up now and and save ourself the money/frustration. The harsh truth is that she will most likely never share your passion for portable lighting tools. :shrug:

absinth44

Newly Enlightened
i did a search on the nitecore defender.. can it really do 180 lumen on ordinary AA batteries??
it looked extreme.

pink maglites sounds very bad.. think i stay away from that, just keep as a last resort:)

been trying to keep away from the modding bit. looks even more expensive.... think im doomed...

Windscale

Enlightened
i did a search on the nitecore defender.. can it really do 180 lumen on ordinary AA batteries??
it looked extreme.

pink maglites sounds very bad.. think i stay away from that, just keep as a last resort:)

been trying to keep away from the modding bit. looks even more expensive.... think im doomed...

Here is the best advice for you. This is going to be eternally good for you:

"Send me all your lights. Don't click into this CPF site ever again. Don't buy anymore lights."

You can thank me for giving you this advice as I will shoulder all your flashaholism consequences. And darkness shall prevail in your days to come!

absinth44

Newly Enlightened
Found an excuse to buy another flashlight:)
needed a x-mas present for my father.
an engraved fenix l2t v2 with engraving :)

i really like shopping at the fenixstore. wonderful service and prices