Praise for the JetBeam C-LE v1.2

krushed

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else bummed out that you can't buy a JetBeam C-LE v1.2 anymore? I mean the JetBeam C-LE v2 seems nice and all but it's about $10 more than I paid for my JetBeam C-LE v1.2 and it's larger because of the clicky.

I love my v1.2 now, the threads are smooth as heck after using remoil on it. One handed operation is really easy. I just picked up some Fenix L0P-SE lights and I can't use them one handed. Seems like the o-ring is too thick and causes too much drag.

I should have bought 3 more v1.2 lights when they still had em.

Anyone know if there are any retailers still selling the v1.2?

wsbowden

Newly Enlightened
I actually like the clicky better than a twisty. Would you be interested in a trade?

krushed

Newly Enlightened
Well the main point is that the v1.2 was $10 cheaper which is quite significant to me. I'd easily buy 3 more v1.2 at the price I paid.

I am sure that the v2 has some added utility but the additional cost is what kills it for me.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have them both and love both of them. Even though I grab the clickie when I leave the house, there's nothing wrong with the twisty. I just prefer the ease of changing modes with the clickie better. I'll have to trade off after awhile and see how I like the twisty after getting used to the clickie. :thinking:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast