Photon ReX - possible shipment delay

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this comes as no surprise to anyone! :) I ordered a ReX (I hate that capitalization scheme) and being a flashaholic, immediately wanted it to land in my mailbox. So I emailed Photon and was told they should start seeing them arriving in the next week or so. But...

The quantities they receive will be limited, so possibly not everyone (and I know that I am in that "not everyone" group, just because that's how things go!) who pre-ordered will get their lights from this shipment. And that it may be December before they come. I was however assured that they would all be shipped in time for Christmas.

83Venture

Enlightened
The standard response to LRIs shipping information is getting to be "what year". Hope that one day they get it together with lights shipped some time around when they origionally said and delivered without design issues. I hope the ReX is as good as it sounds. :shrug:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ReX was on my holiday gift-giving list, but the delivery is too close to the "deadline" to chance it. I'm also leery about potential flaws, especially since they may be trying to "rush" these much-delayed lights out for the holidays.

Several years ago when the Photon IIIs were released, I purchased a bunch and gave them away (without testing them first), finding out too late on CPF, that there may have been issues with the lights. None of the recipients ever got back to me, but I'll bet some of those lights were duds...and probably thrown out. What a waste.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
After the Proton mess I'm a bit weary but not paranoid. The delay may be a sign that they're fixing something, I hope. Wanted one when I found out back in October, now it'll be nice for one before Christmas. I'm personally waiting until Batteryjunction gets their stock.