SSC P4 optics/reflector compatibility

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I use existing reflectors like the NX05, IMS SO17XA and so on? Which ones have you tried, and found to be good matches with the SSC P4?

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The NX05 will work with the seoul semi conductor LED, but I am unsure of the IMS. The NX05 should lightly fit on top of the dome with out any trouble, if there is any resistance in mounting it on the dome, try a different NX05. I would insist takign a look at the sandwich shoppe's variety of McR xx-Seoul reflectors.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found IMS 17 reflectors to be much better with SSC P4s than NX05 optics in my old KL1 retrofit, although with a different beam shape. I understand it varies and the position of any optic or reflector should be experimented with when changing from a Luxeon to an SSC.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent :) Thinking of upgrading some older lights like KL1s and my old 3-Lux Mag with the new generation LEDs.

Anybody tried SO20XAs?

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonFanatic has a selection of optics and reflectors made for the SSC P4 here.

The SSC P4 works well with the std mag reflector also, see link in my sig below.

Off topic - Kevin it was reading your website that lead me to find CPF, and start modding mags with led's - many thanks.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonFanatic has a selection of optics and reflectors made for the SSC P4 here.

The SSC P4 works well with the std mag reflector also, see link in my sig below.

Off topic - Kevin it was reading your website that lead me to find CPF, and start modding mags with led's - many thanks.

Cool, glad to hear that :) welcome to the light :D

That Mag reflector is pretty versatile, and you've proved that the 27mm optic fits. It reminded me of how much we preferred reflectors in the old days. I recently learned that optics aren't just a single hunk of plastic as I'd assumed, in fact, they can be very complex multi-element designs. Each element is a lens (in the actual sense of the word, as opposed to 'flashlight lens' which can be merely a flat piece of glass window), specifically designed to focus light just like camera lenses. My opinion of them is changing, but I still like reflector beams :)

I'm thinking of re-doing one of my old 3xLux3 mods, equipping it with 3 x SSC P4, I might go with Litemania's anodized sink.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
The IMS20 works perfectly with a SSC P4. Gave my old neglected Q3 a new lease on life.