Disassemble a Barbolight?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody done it??

I've got my U-15 and the head is a little finicky - I haven't been able to get ahold of the manufacturer, nor have I had any interest in it from a sales point of view, so it looks like I might have to do it myself..

Is it just heat and twist? Me thinks that it's gonna take a lot to get it going, as it's pretty well heatsinked..

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody done it??

I've got my U-15 and the head is a little finicky - I haven't been able to get ahold of the manufacturer, nor have I had any interest in it from a sales point of view, so it looks like I might have to do it myself..

Is it just heat and twist? Me thinks that it's gonna take a lot to get it going, as it's pretty well heatsinked..

If heat and strap wrenches don't do the trick, then a few freeze cycles may help.

Amonra

Enlightened
i know how to get the glass off to get to the insides, but not the head.
To pull the glass off you need to carefully pry the o-ring that holds the glass from the outside. it sits on top of the glass wedged inside a small lip in the head.
once that is removed you need a sucker with which you grab hold of the glass and pull. And youre in.
Hope it helps.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amonra, how far into the head can you get that way?? It looked to me like you could get to the emitters but not much farther than that..

Amonra

Enlightened
dont know about the U-15 but on the U-9 it gets you inside the head which is flat at the bottom ( where there is led's sit ontop of a copper disc ) with a hole in the middle where a bolt passes and ends with a nut which doubles as the positive battery contact. If i remember correctly you will need to unscrew the bolt to be able to take the head off. Unscrewing the head can be hard as i think it is glued.

Last edited: