SOLARFORCE 225 lumen tactical flashlight

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Anyone any experience or knowledge of these lights?

E-bay item number 180175435149, looks impressive but is it?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Looks a bit like this light from Dealextreme except with a wider voltage range and accessories. Not something I would trust on a gun but might be good for everyday use.

Gladius01

Enlightened
Anyone any experience or knowledge of these lights?

E-bay item number 180175435149, looks impressive but is it?

Yes, I bought from e-bay and replace my Surefire 6P incan to this one. Personally I like it and very very bright and what a cheap upgrade from ebay. So good I bought another one to replace my second Surefire 6P. :twothumbs

kavvika

Enlightened
Yes, I bought from e-bay and replace my Surefire 6P incan to this one. Personally I like it and very very bright and what a cheap upgrade from ebay. So good I bought another one to replace my second Surefire 6P. :twothumbs
!I'm still shocked by this statement! Surely, you jest!

I'm considering picking up one of these 225-250-275 lumen eBay Q5 modules to hold me over until DX has some in stock. I too, would like to know if the heads are interchangeable, and if the modules are well constructed. The strike bezel would look pretty good on a 6P, me thinks. Add a z59, and I think I'd be set!

cfromc

Enlightened
I wouldn't mind a drop-in also but I really need a head and want to make sure it fits before I buy it.

cfromc

Enlightened
I just need a head to complete a Surefire lego I'm building. The cheapest route would be an aftermarket head, although I am considering an M2 head, but they are more difficult (and expensive) to find than one of the Solarforces.