Streamlight Stylus

Kilowatt

Newly Enlightened
Could I get info on the stylus. Is a it a good EDC? Mabey a good back up to some other light. Where is the cheapest place to obtain one? Where can you find the batteries. The info on this forum is great I use it daily. Thanks Kilowatt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The Stylus makes a good EDC in that it is the size of a BIC pen and fits in your shirt pocket. Almost any place that sales them will sale the batteries (AAAA) and if not, Radio Shack will have or can get them. There is a runtime plot on a white 3xAAAA Stylus in the "Reviews Forum. The only accessory is the "Stylus Glare Guard", shich does away with any side glare from the led. It's great for clandestine operations as no one can see the light unless they are looking directly into the front of the flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just the right amount of light for picking locks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cmendoza

Enlightened
I really like my Stylus. You can get 6aaaa batteries inside most 9volts. Botachtactical.com has them fairly cheap but shipping is high and it seems they have o poor customer service reputation. They also have good prices on AAAA batteries.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the stylus almost every day in the hospital. Just as bright as a standard penlight that your doc or nurse uses for checking your eyes nose and throat. Now stick out your tounge and say 'aah'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've found AAAAs at Radio Shack, but don't worry about prices. I've only had to change my batts once in the year and a half I've had it.

I believe brightguy.com had some good prices...$14.25 for white LED/silver body and $5.35 for a pack of 6 batts. The glare protector is also a good investment as it doubles to protect the LED from severe scratching.

Not super bright, but good enough for most uses, and a good white color. I like the twist on/pushbutton feature. In all it's a good light that to most people doesn't even look like a light.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Kilowatt,

Streamlight has a new product called the Stylus Reach. Not as compact as the Stylus, but has some interesting possibilities.

You might want to check it out as well. Streamlight.com

Tom

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a white and red Stylus for years, and they are great little lights. I recently acquired a Stylus Reach with the flexible extension on it, and reversed the pocket clip so it would function somewhat like a QuiqLite, I can now have it clipped to my pocket and have the flexible extension pointe where I want and use it hands-free. I've never had to chane batteries in any of my Styli yet.

-Keith

Kilowatt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the input. I think the reach will be very useful will get one on order next week. Its looks like this light can be held in the mouth a lot better than a mini mag for when using both hands is important. Iam a electrician and somtimes I have to work in the dark! Blieve it or not.
kilowatt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a stylus and a minimag w/opalec in my shirt pocket at work. After having the Stylus for a couple of months and using it many times a day (I use it a little less now that I have the Opalec), every mechanic in the shop has one now. Every tool truck that stops by has them as well. That should tell you something.

Mark

Greta

Flashaholic
Kilowatt,

I carry a Stylus in my purse. It's VERY nice! Even works well at Rocky Horror Shows... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you need hands-free though, check out the Quiqlite. I gave one to my husband (he's a cop) and now just about every cop in the department wants one. Many have already ordered them.

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
I would love to see the stylus 2 cell come back, the 3 cell is just a bit long. I called Streamlight a couple of months ago and they said the white led could not be run with only two cells. This sounds strange. Anyone have a 2 cell for comparison to the 3 cell?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2 cell in orange and red. The length is nice, and the orange is not a bad color at all with a pretty tight beam.

I also have the 3-cell light in green and love it.