flashlight for splash?

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
hello,

i do custom knife work and did start making multi color splash on swiss army knives as you can see on my swissbianco forum on www.knifeforums.com

to make an splash set, knife and flashlight, i looking for not anodised flashlights.

is there any manufacturer, fenix, ultrafire etc that make an high quality light that would help me with that project?

any suggestions are appreciated!

+B
swissbianconews at hotmail.com

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hmmm, maybe go kick around in the CPF Marketplace under the Manufacturers and Dealers, section. Somebody there might be able to direct you better. Some of our members like Leff and MirageMan make bodies that are bare aluminum.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The anodize can be removed from aluminum with any product containing lye. I have not seen any commercially available light that does not have a coating of some kind.

are you doing splash anodize?

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the suggestions.

yes i do the splash multicolor anodising myself and find an us product that removes the ha3 anodising and leave an good finish of the alu would be great!

any suggestions on that?

many thanks

+B

B@rt

Flashaholic
Anything containing "Natronlauge" will do, most "röhrreiniger" like Drano will work well. Be careful not to leave the parts in too long and whipe them clean regularly to check if all the ano is gone and take it out before the aluminum starts pitting. ;)

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
thanks bart,

will try that out on some litter parts. then , what do i use for coat the parts where they needs to be not anodised?

theres may be not enough material to lathe off for contact.

bart i also work with traser on an new kydex for the mapreader, in case ya are interested.

+B

SenderGreen

Newly Enlightened
I have used oven cleaner to remove anodising from auto parts before. It works, but can leave a blotchy finish.

B@rt

Flashaholic
You can use tape ( I've used duct tape with good results) to mask off the places where you don't want the ano removed. ;)

Looking forward to see your work on the mapreader holster. :popcorn: :grin2:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are doing splash - don't you mask off some of the areas first?

I have used Drano, oven cleaner, and a product called Greased Lightning to remove anodize. they all contain LYE.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
you get me wrong, i mean, as you bath anodise the light there are parts that make the contact that arent anodised right? how to cover them up by bath anodising and sealing?

or do you better remove the new splash anodising again on parts that contact?

theres may be not enough metal to lathe it away for contact...

thanks

+B

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know for sure, I think sometimes the shop will use rubber plugs. Then there is some material that gets 'painted' on. Once the anodize is finished the 'paint is removed.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
thanks will,

have to check if we have that paint in swiss.

multicoloranodising, if titan or alu, is hard labor. what usually is done once is done many times more. but i love the results.

+B

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not paint, just some coating that goes on like paint.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
got it, swiss translation problems...

is there any lye that is complete fluid and lye that is like yelly?

i will test it out soon in swiss, many thanks!!

+B

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello,

i do custom knife work and did start making multi color splash on swiss army knives as you can see on my swissbianco forum on www.knifeforums.com

to make an splash set, knife and flashlight, i looking for not anodised flashlights.

is there any manufacturer, fenix, ultrafire etc that make an high quality light that would help me with that project?

any suggestions are appreciated!

+B
swissbianconews at hotmail.com
Awesome! let's talk. I'd be happy to work something out! :)

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO if you like fenix lights they are a good choice, their lines match well with swiss army knives, and removing the anodizing should be relatively easy smooth body no knurling and round without many grooves. Leef I think made a Fenix body out of bar aluminum that looked pretty good here is a link to it sold by lighthound. http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2654

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
joust saw this, busy with imigration and knifemaking here.

hello 4sevens, please send me an email to swissbianco at gmx.ch
im south of atlanta until christmas, lets meet and talk 1:1 ok?
send you better new usa made pics of the splash, field and stream want do an article about some swissbianco knives etc too.

have here 3 fenix l1p upgraded with cree and ordered one p3 ce and one l1t (get cree pimped too) on your garagesale, all get splashed early year. could not leave usa without an 215 lumens light for dark swiss.

verry good news, many thanks you all!!

+B

Last edited:

B@rt

Flashaholic
Swissbianco just asked me to post this pic of the splash candidates so far. ;)
splashhs5.jpg

Last edited:

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
thanks bart,

joust in time prior leaving for switzerland i will meet 4sevens tomorrow and talk it out, many thanks for your interest.

+B

Culhain

Enlightened
WOW !!

Swissbianco and 4sevens meeting to talk about a collaboration is awesome.

I want a P1-CE (updated of course) and matching SAK Cadet 2 (no lanyard ring) combo with bright splash.

Next, what Fenix would best match Swissbianco's non serrated OHT and would camo or bright splash be best?