Looking for a new toy/edc possibly

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
Ok well I have a u2 and absolutely love it and a g3 with the p90 and p91. I usually edc the U2 but some of my pockets are a little tighter and it isnt as comfortable to have on me. And the g3 doesnt really work out to well. So tomorrow of in a few day I will be looking to make a purchase. I have my eyes on the L1,L4,A2,G2l, or 6Pl. mainly the first three with either the g2 or 6p or led version beign given as a christmas gift to my dad. Will be purchasign from opticshq as the membership dicounts makes them the cheapest i have found.

What woudl be your recomendation considering I already have a u2 and g3 with both bulbs, for edc, and the u2 being to large sometimes.

Also I put new batteries in my g3 the other day when it woudlnt light anymore and it worked fine, then today no light.... they were streamlight brand, I put surefire back into it and will see what happens any idea what could be happening and it wasnt left on.....

Sorry for long post and thanks. Greg

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L1 Cree, U2 (L1 and U2 on me right now), A2 and L4. Of the group, the L1 is by FAR my most used light. It's palm sized, is one hand operation to get intermittent light (two hands to twist the tailcap for locked on, although one hand is easy enough too once you get the hang of it), and throws just enough light on low and a TON of light on high. The beam is smooth and white. It's just the ticket 99.723417% of the time.

I can't recommend the L1 highly enough. Everyone should have one :) I had a Novatac 85P, Olight and a couple of Fenixii too. The L1 is what I kept.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you are willing to downgrade a bit quality wise, the Fenix L1T V2.0 is even smaller and also has two light levels(though low could be lower) and runs on a AA battery.

The Surefire L1 would be better though.

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
I know the way the technology is changing right now with the led's and all I am just trying to picture how much throw this little bugger has. Could you say its throw is comparable to the u2 or g3?

Lightguy27

Enlightened
I know the way the technology is changing right now with the led's and all I am just trying to picture how much throw this little bugger has. Could you say its throw is comparable to the u2 or g3?

If your talking about the L1 than yes it has alot of throw. Not as much as the first gen but pretty close. It's also got a decent spill beam now, thanks to the TIR optic it still has throw. I have the L1,L4,U2,and A2 and the L1 is an amazing light. Get it and you'll be happy.

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
Well I ended up ordering an e2d as I have the u2 and the L1 is kinda doubling that over plus it has those teeth lol....And could be used if totally necessary to inflict some pain if I ever found myself in that predicament....It does get dark really early now.....I will probably put the cree L1 on the christmas list....I hope I liek e2d......