Aspheric Lumapower M1

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I just finished modding my lumapower M1 cree to an aspheric lens, a Q5 bin Cree and a AMC 7135 5 stage driver set at 1 amp to the led, and glow in the dark sheeting around the led.

Man! this thing throws like mad!

I would like to thank StefanFS and Sacredsucculent for helping me with the driver, and 2xTrinity for the thread he made a while back about the aspheric M1.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/166958

Here are some pics of my mod

asphericm1001na0.jpg

asphericm1002vr5.jpg

At 10ft you can see the light is really concentrated in a spot

asphericm1003fh8.jpg

The glow in the dark feature

asphericm1004fu7.jpg

The lens protrudes a bit from the edge of the bezel, better not drop it head first or I'll be in trouble.

asphericm1005aq4.jpg

Outside beamshot (I suck at night pics BTW) according to google pedometer the fence is 120ft away and the hotspot is just 7.5 feet across.

asphericm1006os6.jpg

I noticed a strange behavior on the AMC driver, when in low it always does a cycle of different brightnesses for about 1/2 second, see next video. Does yours do the same?

Hope you like the mod.

AlexGT

Last edited:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
I just ordered a 15mm and 20mm FL lens from Surplus Shed. This will give me something else to play with!

I had ordered a couple 50mm lenses for MAG mods. I've found they work well when I need to take a close look at a solder joint or an SMT package... I don't have a regular magnifying glass or microscope. Poor mans tools!

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Both of my lenses showed up today and I've tried them out. I personally can't tell a difference between the two when I put them in my LP M1-XRE. I didn't try my M1-T.

30mm x 15mm FL
30mm x 20mm FL

They are both double convex (rounded on both sides). The large top on both is exactly the same size. The bottom dome is the only dimension I could see that was different.

I've posted a couple comparison beam shots in this thread. I honestly don't know which one I had the the M1-XRE when I took the shots. I have no idea which is which. There was no identification on the wrappers when I got them.

All in all it makes a great small light cannon! It doesn't outperform my M@G Aspheric, but it does hold it's own!

bluecrow76

Enlightened
I just tried it on my M1-T... the focal length is all screwed up... this only works drop in style in the M1-XRE.