Annoucement: Arc-LS4

Would you like the LS4 to have a replaceable lens?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc-LS4
Fall 2003

Arc Flashlight is pleased to announce the latest evolution in the Arc-LS line! The Arc-LS4 adds improved beam quality, higher brightness, longer run times and user selectable levels while actually decreasing the size and weight of our flashlight.

The LS4 is scheduled for delivery in March 2004 (updated). We will not take back orders until just before the product is ready to ship.

The LS4 will include the following:

<ul type="square">[*]1W HD LED emitter
[*]1x123 cell is default power source
[*]New tail switch design provides lower profile, fewer parts and more reliability.
[*]18 calibrated brightness levels (all levels are regulated), easily selected by pressing tail switch. No complicated control sequences or "fun" functions
[*]"Find me" beacon assists in locating the LS4 in a dark room (function can be user disabled)
[*]"Safety" lock prevents the LS4 from accidentally firing while in transit
[*]"Burst" function provides ~20 seconds of overdrive brightness for illuminating distant objects or blinding attackers (duration of Burst mode is determined by LED temperature)
[*]"Ready for Service" indicator with each new battery change shows that the cells are properly installed and have sufficient life for minimum use (this limits the possibility of a rude surprise later when you need light the most)
[*]"Auto conserve" mode lowers the power setting to the next dimmer level when the battery is too depleted to maintain the current brightness setting
[*]Waterproof to 100 feet
[*]New reflector design provides for a smoother beam distribution (optimized for medium field range, similar to a low dome pattern but with better tint consistency). This also cleans up the fit and finish of the optical system.
[*]Scratch resistant Polycarbonate lens
[*]Target run times vary from ~1 hour in level 1 "high" setting to over 400 hours in level 18 "moon" setting.
[*]Will be available in 2 grades, standard ($150 list) and premium ($180 list). Premium uses a LED hand selected for brighter output.
[/list]

Prototype pictures will be posted this summer.

All posts here on the CPF by user "Gransee" are copyrighted 2003 by Arc Flashlight LLC.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally cool Peter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

First question, will the new tail cap be compatible with current LS's and/or will there be an equivalent for them, ie. "lower profile, fewer parts and more reliability"?

Thanks,
Pat

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened
OK, that makes losing out on the LS3 much easier to take. Now all I have to do is make it til October. Sounds like the future replacement for my trusty SLS.

B@rt

Flashaholic
fd0c627e.gif

Tsao

Newly Enlightened
"INT$L inside"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Cool........
$2/day saving started! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Excellent news! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan.

CiTY

Enlightened
Nice, but a little early for an annoucement isn't it? 6 months to FCS... Good to hear it has more features than the SF-L1. Look forward to its release.

avusblue

Enlightened
Wow. Sounds like the perfect flashlight! I think there'll be a lot of eager CPFr's watching this one move down the pipeline. Good luck with it, Peter.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great, Peter. I do have a question about the function, though: will it turn on in the last mode it was in before shutoff? I mean if you are in (for example) level 3 dimming mode, will it return to level 3 when you turn it on again?

Also, will the lens be user-replaceable? We might want to use a flashlightlens.com UCL lens, for example.

The LS4 sounds like an excellent idea so far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds spectacular, Peter.

Let the anticipation begin....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding evolution of the LS line. If I may I would like to offer the following suggestions:

1. Interchangeable reflector: Tight, standard, and flood beam options. If Arc offers these I will buy three sets of LS4's.
2. Interchangeable lens: UCL, sapphire, optic lenses for special effects. Arc does not really need to offer the lens options just allow replacement in the field.
3. SoS beacon mode (full power). If not on the LS4 then perhaps the LS5?

I would love sneak previews of the light when feasible.

Cheers.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you have seen the light on the brighter and shorter runtime issue. I will have to get an LSH-P before then, if you are planning on discontinuing the current LS models.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you're kidding right!?!?!?
is all of that possible???

<font color="red">woohoo!!!</font>

would you consider sapphire crystal in the premium for a couple more $$$?

iddibhai

Enlightened
curious why the need for sapphire crystal? there's gonna be little heat generated (compared to incandescent anyway). even a polycarbonate should fare well against scratches. anything else drive up cost a lot faster than benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.