Last edited:

Bushman5

Enlightened
:ohgeez:I just notice the PreSale.... :laughing:

looking forward to a review.

Fird

Enlightened
YES!! A twisty brightness control!

Any idea who's LED is in there? I didn't see from the article. (cree please :) )

rob3rto

Newly Enlightened
YES!! A twisty brightness control!

Any idea who's LED is in there? I didn't see from the article. (cree please :) )

:thinking:
FEATURES:
- Utilizes a Lamina Ceramics BL-2000 LED array with 42 individual semiconductor chips

Fird

Enlightened
hah, just kidding.. that's what i get for reading the boards before having coffee

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. i went to that fenix-store link somehow expecting to see a new fenix product! i dont know why:thinking:

Looks interesting.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It says 80 lumen minimum. So ... it could be more?

I doubt it because the low level is listed also. 80 lumens for a hundred minutes..........? Considering the Zebralight produces 66 lumens for 140 minutes from a single AA cell, this light isn't very impressive at all. :shakehead

Illum

Flashaholic
:thinking:
FEATURES:
- Utilizes a Lamina Ceramics BL-2000 LED array with 42 individual semiconductor chips

well...the only reviewed light having a Lamina array is the CentraLED worklight
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/centraled_100led.htm

Quickbeam said:
from the front you see the Illumitech lens and inside you see the Lamina Ceramics LED light engine. This light engine has 7 LED clusters (yellow, distorted by lens, below) and inside each cluster are 6 individual LED chips. This results in 42 separate pinpoints of light when you turn on the unit. The head nests inside of the hook when not in use to protect it and keep it compact during storage and transport.

Quickbeam said:
You can tell that the CentraLED uses a lens from a company that makes custom projection lenses based upon the specific application required. The result of combining the custom lens with the 42 LED array is a smooth wide spot of light that is darn near perfect. There are some slight rings in the beam, but in actual use they are not noticeable at all. The color of the beam is a gorgeous white which is very easy on the eyes. It's really hard to describe just how well this product lights up a subject area, so let's just say that I think this is going to "raise the bar" for LED-based illumination products. Yes, I really am that impressed by the output.

from the review, I think its safe to assume the two lights use identical arrays...and ones just a more flashlight-like than the other
the output around 6100 units [61.00 on comparison chart] gives you a pretty good idea what to compare to

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt many will consider it to be very bright, not by today's "standards", anyway. It uses the same Lamina array as in their worklight, which I have. The work light is fantastic, but not necessary for it's brute power. I'm curious to see what the reviews say, though.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it because the low level is listed also. 80 lumens for a hundred minutes..........? Considering the Zebralight produces 66 lumens for 140 minutes from a single AA cell, this light isn't very impressive at all. :shakehead
:rolleyes:

Comparing the CentraLED/FlashFlood head and the Zebralight on paper is pointless. Other than producing light, they have nothing in common.

Despite what the name suggests, the CentraLED/FlashFlood is more of a spotlight. A very wide, perfectly even spotlight. I like my Zebralight Q5 just fine, but even on high, it doesn't put out nearly as much light at any particular spot as the the CentraLED.

bpond

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

First I have to apologize for letting this thread go so long without a reply. Not sure how soffiler and I missed it. Anyway, let me address a couple of the points raised so far.

The head is the same exact head as on the CentraL.E.D. therefore the beam patter is identical. The max output is a little less due to the different power source.

Please be aware of what this light was designed to do. It was designed to be a flashlight used differently than what would be considered typical. The beam pattern is meant to allow wide illumination to allow for near field navigation. The dimmable feature allows you to use as little light as you need for whatever your particular situation is. This light was not designed to pick a critter out in a tree 100 yds away.

Regarding a review, we plan to ask a couple of CPF reviewers look at this light very soon so stay tuned for more information.

Thanks,
Bob

DanielG

Enlightened
I've been looking for a room clearing light. No hot spot, just a 60-100 degree cone of light coming out the end.

Is this set up like that? If so, that might be very worthwhile for me.

soffiler

Enlightened

soffiler

Enlightened
I've been looking for a room clearing light. No hot spot, just a 60-100 degree cone of light coming out the end.

Is this set up like that? If so, that might be very worthwhile for me.

Indeed, it has no hot spot. It produces a cone of light that is very consistent in intensity all the way across the pattern. The FlashFlood has a 40 degree full cone angle. Translation, in a typical room: 10 feet away, the pattern is 7 feet 3 inches in diameter... which is nearly the same height as a typical ceiling.

DanielG

Enlightened
Indeed, it has no hot spot. It produces a cone of light that is very consistent in intensity all the way across the pattern. The FlashFlood has a 40 degree full cone angle. Translation, in a typical room: 10 feet away, the pattern is 7 feet 3 inches in diameter... which is nearly the same height as a typical ceiling.

Oh, my! I'm going to have to see what people say about this. That's not out of line for a good light.

It's 2X123 only, not 1X18650?

Thanks