ROP Reflector

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi! I am looking for a reflector to build a 6D ROP. I went through the links given in the various posts on the subject, but they are all either dead or the reflectors seem to be unavailable. I contacted Carley about them, but they have a minimum. I suppose I could buy 10 reflectors and sell nine, but that's a pain. Any sources?

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of these, very nicely made, and very happy. Just don't polish the reflective surface too hard...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/163470

They are now available in different opening sizes. For the ROP, you need the 8.38 mm version. Then it's just a case of picking the texturing required.

I built a ROP 6D first. D-cells have very desirable discharge curves under load.

However, it did not see a lot of use due to its size (you look very suspicious carrying a lump of aluminium that big). The great news is that the parts were not a wasted investment because I could swap them into a 2D host, no problem. All I needed was a 6AA>2D adapter from FiveMega, and of course AA cells. LuxLuthor even does fully assembled 7.2 volt battery packs for the 2D.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of these, very nicely made, and very happy. Just don't polish the reflective surface too hard...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/163470

They are now available in different opening sizes. For the ROP, you need the 8.38 mm version. Then it's just a case of picking the texturing required.

I built a ROP 6D first. D-cells have very desirable discharge curves under load.

However, it did not see a lot of use due to its size (you look very suspicious carrying a lump of aluminium that big). The great news is that the parts were not a wasted investment because I could swap them into a 2D host, no problem. All I needed was a 6AA>2D adapter from FiveMega, and of course AA cells. LuxLuthor even does fully assembled 7.2 volt battery packs for the 2D.

The size doesn't matter. I'm not carrying this to carry a light, I'm carrying this to carry a lightsaber :) You know, bragging rights and as a toy!

Thanks a ton for the links!

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dual-function reflectors are awesome. I just ordered a coupla the cheapies from Kaidomain but haven't received them yet so can't comment on the quality or shape of the beam.

Flipside

Enlightened
I'm planning on using a 6C for my project. It's still in the dreaming stages :broke:

Horse

Newly Enlightened
so is fivemega no longer doing cammed reflectors?

(sorry first post if I am in wrong area. I just learned about thie site two days ago, last night I purchased a 4D M*g and am trying to do the original subC style ROP. I would really like to have a hot spot with slight flood - so heavy stipple would be the best reflector for me correct?)