Schulzendorf Gamma 1

ChrisA

Enlightened
hi,

i just discovered a new product from schulzendorf. seems like this is a nice 2x 123 cell luxeon light. i don't own one (yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) so i can't comment wether it's regulated or not. but even if not, those two lithium cells should provide enough 'regulation' themselves (similar to the inova x5).
it features a hardened mineral-glass lens, anodized aluminum body (although i doubt it's type III) and silicone o-rings that should make it waterproof... sounds interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

here's the link . wadda u think ?

chris

Kiessling

Flashaholic
hi all !

I bought it a few days ago and here are my impressions:
- exceptional qualitity, just like the Alpha 1, can compete with SF lights
- great look and feel
- brightness is good, something between my LS1rev2 and Mr.Bulk's LGI
- beam is not perfect and very slightly off center with a shadow of green in the outer ranges

The weird thing is that the vendor (globetrotter.com, the only vendor we know of ...) would not even tell me a contact address of the manufacturer to ask some questions we need to ask before being able to judge the light properly!
well, at least they forwarded my questions to the manufacturer and I hope to hear from them soon. if I do I'll post a review about the Schulzendorf Alpha1 and Gamma1.

I personally like them very very much.
Stay tuned!

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
EUR 160
is about $170

specs:
2x123
CNC aluminium; HA finish
sapphire glass lens held by lexan ring
double o-ring at bezel
rotate bezel for "on" - contact is made by two metal pieces and not just with "screw down"
watertight
std. optics
looks like a HD, but I am not sure
lanyard whole
can stand on end for candle mode

that's all I can tell right now. the more important questions (e.g. runtime, regulation, etc.) I asked the vendor who would not tell me the contact address of the manufacturer but will forward my questions to them,
will do a review once I know everything ....

bernhard

Whistler

Enlightened
Looking forward to your reports in this matter. I'm curious how it will compare to an ARC LSH-P or a L1 or KL1...

I think the anodizing isn't as good as a or SF or ARC.

Too bad that only European's can buy this light since Globetrotter is only selling in Europe.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I'll have a KL1 and KL3 soon in addition to my LS1rev2 and LGI-LE to make some interesting comparisons.
may take a few weeks though to gather the required info ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
bernhard

p.s.: I do not intend to test the anodize, but someone has stated it might be a weak point ...