Is it poss to give P1D a clickie endcap?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that I know of, because the P1 and P3 have completey different heads, and the P1 head threads into it's body, while the P3 body threads into the head (the threads are on the body rather than the head).

BUT I'm using a Leef body with a McClicky on a P1D-Q5, and it's quite nice. I just wish the body was anti-roll.

Lighthound has the Leef:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2655

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2710

It does make the light expensive as buy any custom piece does for any light. If you need a Clicky though I think this is your best bet right now.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the twist switch works like minimag's, i.e. simple contact on/off switch, and the clickie tailcap fits, I don't see why not. Just keep the head twisted in use clickie to control it.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which Leef body would go best with a silver P1D?
Well they don't have an exact match so it's probably personal preference.

I went with the black one, but I've never seen the other one so I can't really say. I'm happy with the black body and silver head on the small light.

Enlightened
They do have something like that... It's called the P2D Q5.

Yeah, but the P1D is just a touch smaller is it not? Besides, I think the OP is asking about retrofitting his already owned P1D. I mean if you're buying a new one and want the clickie instead of the twisty then you would want to just buy the P2D to begin with. But I think he is trying to avoid dropping $60 on a new light.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
Hi

the leef one is too expensive...

Yeah I like the P2D but as stated, I didn't want to buy a whole new light!

Anyway thanks all

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My point was/is that in view of the cost of the Leef body and tail combo, CoolHands would be better served, IMO, to sell his light on BST and purchase a P2D Q5. Besides, he asked for an OEM look. How could this be accomplished by a mod? Even the Leef bodies, while nice, don't look quite OEM to me. As for the size difference, the P1D is shorter than the P2D BECAUSE it doesn't have a clicky. This is seen in the fact that the P1D on a Leef body is noticeably larger.

Last edited: