Lightwave 3000 LED's?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm the proud new owner of a Lightwave 3000.Very nice light..I can't wait until I get a chance to test it out!!! Anyways,I'm curious if anyone who has one of these wonderful lights.. knows what the LEDs are that it uses.
(Just wondering,as the package didn't specify what type the LEDs were.)

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I hate to see a post go unanswered............so here is goes. :)

The Lightwave is a pretty old light now with the 5mm Nichia LEDs. It won't win any brightness contests but it has the advantage of very long run-time. Lightwave lights were one of the original multi-LED lights and have a great reputation of ruggedness and reliability. It should make a great all purpose task and emergency light for you.

Here is Craig's test of in back 2002

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/lw3000.htm

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick answer. This new Lightwave 3000(well,new to me at least..) is having a evil influence on me-I'm actually excitedly waiting for the power to blink off.(Wait...did I just say what I thought I said..Oops..). :tinfoil:

Just some of the things you've got to watch out for here in the Pacific Northwest USA..Rain,snow,wind and also ICE.Eeeeek!

Patriot

Flashaholic
You're welcome.

I used to have a 4000 but now I only have a lightwave 2000 classic left.
http://www.theledlight.com/LW_Classic.html

I think it was the second or third LED light I owned and the first multi-LED light I owned. I think I got it in 2000 I believe....or close too it. Stills works just like new. :)

Gladius01

Enlightened
The model of this flashlights are confusing, 2000, 3000 and 4000. I thought it was 3000 lumens flashlight, really exited, not until I look at the flashlights and that is the model number of the lightwave. dah!:shrug:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The model of this flashlights are confusing, 2000, 3000 and 4000. I thought it was 3000 lumens flashlight, really exited, not until I look at the flashlights and that is the model number of the lightwave. dah!:shrug:

I thought it had 3000 LED's in it from the thread title. :crackup:

recercare

Enlightened
I'm the proud new owner of a Lightwave 3000.Very nice light..I can't wait until I get a chance to test it out!!! Anyways,I'm curious if anyone who has one of these wonderful lights.. knows what the LEDs are that it uses.
(Just wondering,as the package didn't specify what type the LEDs were.)

Hello

I have the Lightwave 4000. I bought it several years ago. It's rock solid with very long run time. Today's LED lights are much brighter, so I guess the Lightwaves are pretty much outdated. Nevertheless it's ideal for long mountain trips (+5 days).

Kind regards
.lars

Patriot

Flashaholic

You could alway strap those two WiseLED tacticals of yours together to make a "3000" light Gladius....:laughing: