DealExtreme Question

bocephus

Newly Enlightened
Newb here:

I just purchased what I thought was a 5 level Cree Drop in for a 6P SF.

When it arrived I installed it and there is a much larger gap betwen the bezel and the body than the original. Will the gap affect the water resistance? Also there appears to be only 3 or 4 modes that work.

When I turn it on it is on high I assume ( extremely bright ). Twisting the tail cap on/off the second time seems to dim the light a bit. The third mode is a steady slow flash and the fourth is strobe. If I twist the tail cap again the light goes out but then gives a momentary flash every 7-8 seconds.

I guess I am expecting a bit much for $12 but I was kinda excited about my first attempt at a mod.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
you have the drop-in that goes high-mid-fast strobe-slow strobe - beacon, 5 stages/modes

I've been thinking about getting one for my host as well. does it have any stage memory?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of the drop-ins have fit issues. It will effect the water resistance somewhat, I'd guess, but how much is a question for someone else for sure..

Don't know squatsey about the modes, sorry..

Welcome to CPF!

Alero

Enlightened
Did you remove the outer spring and cut it down? That's usually what ya have to do.

bocephus

Newly Enlightened
you have the drop-in that goes high-mid-fast strobe-slow strobe - beacon, 5 stages/modes

I've been thinking about getting one for my host as well. does it have any stage memory?

If you turn the light off for a few seconds it will come on in high mode the next time no matter what mode it was in when turned off. So I'm guessing no stage memory???

I removed the outer spring and it still leaves a gap.

Davyd

Newly Enlightened
boecphus

Another newby here looking at exactly the same issues - and module coming also for a surefire 6p. Looking to run it off cr123's and rechageabele 123's

For more inforamtion search here on the SKU number (7162 ?) to find a thread reviewing it.

There is another module on DX which gets better reviews, but I am not sure if it is as bright. Searc for cree module on DX

Are you usuing rechargeables with it?

I would be itnerested to hear if you find any better modules -especially multi mode!

bocephus

Newly Enlightened
After I have played with it for awhile and understand the modes I am liking this module more. It is extremely bright and the light is very white.

Even though there is a slightly larger gap between the bezel and the body the o ring appears to seal snugly and it should not lose any water resistance.

I think I am changing my opinion on this one. For the low price not bad and an improvement on the incan bulb.