Would like to mod, where to start?

fugleebeast

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forums for awhile; great place you have here! Very informative.

I'd like to start playing around with lights, especially leds, but I'm having a hard time finding beginner info. I've tried to use the search function but I've been striking out. Are there any good resources out there for beginners? Like, how do flashlights work? Emitters and circuits? All that good stuff? I know next to nothing about flashlights and the info on here is quite daunting.

I apologize if I'm just blind and have been missing it. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!

-Fugs

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A easy place to start modding is with the Elly Cree mod.

Get a Elly flashlight(has a regualtor, switch, reflector...), get a Cree XR-E LED(P4 because it is not that expensive, Q5 would be the brightest) and swap the LED(Unsolder the old one, place thermal paste/epoxy on the bottom of the new one and solder the new LED on)

:welcome:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
One great and easy mod (not an LED mod though), is to get a Mag 2C, a piece of heater hose, or PEX plastic water line, a 6 cell Mag-num star xenon bulb (or if you're daring, a 5 cell bulb...a bit brighter, but you risk instaflash:poof:) and 3 x CR123 lithium batteries.

Put it all together and you have one VERY bright incan flashlight in a medium sized package...guaranteed to impress!!! :naughty: