LED Flashlight with Integrated Glowring

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
We all know that the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) has made Glowrings illegal in the United States. However, one of the reasons we want Glowrings is so we can attach a Glowring to our flashlight so we can find it in the dark! There is finally a flashlight availible in the US that uses the same materials that make a Glowring (traser) glow. It is called a Litepro Teknolite.

The Teknolite has three GTLS (Gaseous Tritium Light Sources) in its clear lens cap so that you can find the light in the dark.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice!!

what colors are being used?

will one be able to purchase lens caps seperately with different colors?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of the very first Teknolites some time last year - sold under the Traser brand here in the UK. They`re nice enough lights, once they sorted out the LED module that is. The first ones had no resistors and the LEDs burned out prematurely so they shipped out upgraded, resistored LED units to everyone who`d bought one as soon as the problem was discovered, which was almost immediately. Though a little dimmer, at least the diodes were not cooked alive so all in all it made them much better. To find a resistor-less Teknolite today would be next to impossible.

The (two in the original ones) Glow vials sealed inside the head are about 1/3 the length of those in a Glowring, a bit thinner, are green, and no alternative colourss are sold as far as I know. I had hoped the colour of the vials would match the colour of the body but alas not - at least the green ones are the brightest of all the colours. The bodies of the original lights came in 10 colours - translucent red, orange, yellow, black and blue, and solid-colour variations of those too (but flourescent red/range/yellow). White LEDs only, or at least that was all they did last year.

All in all not bad at all. Quite big and the clear head causes fairly distracting side-spill with no option of a glare shield like, for example, the Tektite Trek lights. But there are worse lights out there. They`re very tough - the plastic is an impact resistasnt ABS type with poly or Lexan head, and is very thich. Not forgetting the inbuilt Glow vials, Though dimmer than a Glowring, they are a very unique feature and in total darkness make the whole head of the light appear to be glowing.

And if it`s legal in the US - being classifiable as a tool rather than a toy like the Glowrings (and having significantly less Tritium inside), then all the better.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
green the brightest?

my blue glow-ring happens to be quite a bit brighter than the green...i noticed that the blue has the least amount of phospher coating, and i assumed this is why...