Lost My New Dereelight CL1H...

Steve-11

Newly Enlightened
I'm so bummed! I lost it on the Metro Train commute home today... :(

I got my new Dereelight CL1H v3 Q5 just about a week ago. Also got a Fenix P3D Q5 at the same time. At first I alternated carrying them to work. But I soon left the Fenix behind.

The Fenix is pretty bright, and smaller than the Dereelight. But I loved the Dereelight more for several reasons. It was brighter, it threw further, the momentary clicky switch, it even doubled as possible kubotan on that one dark block I had to walk through. (The P3D was a little too small to be a kubotan.)

I felt so MAD and SAD at the same time, when I discovered it missing! I was carrying it with the clip through my belt loop. It must have slipped off when I sat down in the train. DANG! I use a flashlight EVERY DAY at work! And I got so used to the Dereelight, very quickly!

Well, I looked into it, and it seems that Dereelight will "soon" be coming out with a 3 stage digital, so I think I'll wait for that one, and just use my P3D till then. I hope it's not too long.

How about that: some guy is going to find it on the train, try it and go: wow! great light! Then soon will find this strange battery inside, 18450... he won't know what the heck it is!

Thanks for letting me vent and share my sad story.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that! I was bummed the last time I lost an umbrella...I can't imagine how bummed I'd be if I lost a favorite light.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Steve-11,
Sorry that you lost your new light. Bummer. I lost a light recently too, and it made me reevaluate how I carry my lights. I just got a coil tether for my NovaTac today from CPF member greenLED.

I would highly recommend this little jewel to anybody wanting to secure their light while still having full access to all it's functions. I just finished putting O-rings on all my pants for a hookup point, on the belt loop right by the front pocket I carry my light in.

It is the perfect length to let the light sit deep in my pocket, and it's completely out of the way. A very well thought out little system. Anyway, check out all of greenLED's offerings here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=144507

BTW, greenLED is super to deal with, going out of his way to get some special hardware I requested, and his work is first rate, and very classy.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about that: some guy is going to find it on the train, try it and go: wow! great light! Then soon will find this strange battery inside, 18450... he won't know what the heck it is!.

well he is going to ask someone else on the battery.

On another train of thought. What keeps the average guy or gal from seeing a CL1H or any flashlight like this, and assuming is something evil like a detonator?????

hmmmm....

EDA: I symapathize your loss. Wouldn't want to happen to me.

Last edited:

Steve-11

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the sympathy, everyone.

Derek Dean: I wouldn't be allowed to wear that coil lanyard at work: moving machinery means they don't allow necklaces or lanyards. But I'll have to seriously consider one for personal use after work. (That's when I lost it, after all!) Thanks for the info!

kosPap: I don't know... it really looks just like a flashlight, a tough flashlight though. But then, with a coily lanyard attached, you may have a point! Still, I think the worst that may happen is I'll scare some people, and maybe get stopped and questioned by the metro cops. And that's IF it happens. Most folk ignore nearly everything.