Fenix P1D CE Q5...first one?

LongFei

Newly Enlightened
It's been a long time since I've frequented here, and gosh things change a lot in a few years!

I just picked up a P1D CE Premium Q5 here, and when I opened the package, I was not only impressed by the diminutive size of the light (my last "nice" LED light was a Surefire L4), but surprised by the # on my light:
p1dceq5.jpg

I'm curious how many of these lights were made. Also, the light does not have an orange-peel reflector, contrary to what I read on the internet.

Just thought it was interesting...

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
the P1D-CE Q5s i've seen including mine do not have any serial #.

that's pretty nice!

btw, what color is it?

daveman

Enlightened
That's a very nice shot of your P1, congrats on getting the first one in the run.

LongFei

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I wasn't sure what was up with the engraved number...most of the pics I've seen don't have such numbers.

Anyway the light is a standard natural finish...the tones are from the lights I used to take the photo (1 warm and 1 cool).

I'm starting to think the number might be something a dealer or distributor added...I don't know though. It still seems a bit fishy...

Last edited:

LongFei

Newly Enlightened
After doing a bit more research on this issue, I think this number is in fact not from Fenix but from a distributor in Taiwan that uses it for warranty service purposes. How disappointing. I'm still curious though why mine didn't come with an orange peel reflector, as I thought the Q5 versions did...

Grateful Ned

Newly Enlightened
Hmm I just ordered one of those today, was also under the impression that it was going to have an OP. The Q5 isnt yet available on the Fenix-Store's 'textured' page so it was hard to know.
I'm hoping for a bit more floody light (and part of the reason I didn't order a T10...) :thinking:

wishywashy7

Enlightened
After doing a bit more research on this issue, I think this number is in fact not from Fenix but from a distributor in Taiwan that uses it for warranty service purposes.

My L2D Q5 and P3D Q5 have their serial numbers on the bezel:shrug:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of my P1D's have an OP reflector and both are Q5 as well. Seems like yours should have it too.

luminata

Enlightened
I think Fenixstore is now going all OP reflector but if you get a Fenix from somewhere else it will be smooth unless they sepcifically state OP or you ask for it or something.I could be wrong .

fa__

Newly Enlightened
On my french P1D Premium Q5, on the bezel : FR624939 (an orange peel reflector)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. That US patent was issued in 1903 for a vehicle spring.

interesting info. OK so it's not a patent and can't be a serial # since few have had duplicate #'s.

fa_ said:
On my french P1D Premium Q5, on the bezel : FR624939 (an orange peel reflector)

my silver(OP)P1D-CE Q5 has US458862, it was bought from a fellow cpf'r but purchased from a U.S. dealer.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
does the serial numbers have anything to do with where the shipment for the light was intended?

i got mine from a dealer in singapore:

L2D premium Q5: SG844951

P2D premium Q5 (olive drab): SG844951 also

does this explain why others have US, FR serial numbers?:shrug:

LongFei

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the confirmation...I was figuring it was a local thing. Actually, most of the lights I am seeing in Taiwan from a variety of dealers have this, so I suspect it's one of the big distributors here.

My number on the bezel is much less interesting: TW455862. However, what's strange is that I just picked up a black L0D Rebel with the exact same number on its bezel. Different model, different LED, different color, same number...hmm...

Last edited:

gravityz

Enlightened
fyi, thats a dealer engraving :)
Fenix did not do that.

Hi 4sevens

so you mean both the USxxxx number as well as the L2DCE premium Q5 are put on the lights by fenix-store(USA) and NOT fenixlights(china)

if so how can anybody tell the difference between the different bins before they got lasered

e.g. is it possible to get a premium Q5 lasered light while the actual bin might be Q2/Q4?