Poll: Favorite Brand of LED Flashlights

What is your favorite brand of LED flashlights? Please post your reasons!

• Dereelight

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • Fenix

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Jetbeam

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Liteflux

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Lumapower

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Novatac

Votes: 25 9.6%
  • Olight

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Tiablo

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Ultrafire

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Other - please describe in thread

Votes: 74 28.5%

• Total voters

martonic

Enlightened
What is your favorite brand of LED flashlights? Please post your reasons in the thread! :D

uh1c

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight:
I like the size, UI and "feel" of the DBS and CL1H.
I like its simplicity, "tactical" forward clicky and pocket clip. It is not yet perfect though.
I own almost all of the other brands and they are mostly excellent too. IMHO.
The Olight T20 is most awesome but the clicky is not what I prefer and I find all strobes/SOS annoying.
As always, YMMV.:D
I await the Tiablo A1 and the T1 Fenix.:popcorn:
...a lot of the fun in this 'sport' is trying for that "perfect" light!:devil:

Illum

Flashaholic
How could you miss Surefire? That's my vote. Bright, tough, simple.

my thoughts exactly...but considering that there was a previous poll concerning both fenix and surefire and got locked because there was an apparent conflict between the two die-hards. Is it just me or is the majority of the choices based on budget/non-us based companies? if so...thats another reason surefire may be off the list

the threader might have saved the thread by leaving it out...and yes I would cast my vote on the same grounds as you would Mike

martonic, can you explain to us your reasoning on this matter? :confused:

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
my thoughts exactly...but considering that there was a previous poll concerning both fenix and surefire and got locked because there was an apparent conflict between the two die-hards. Is it just me or is the majority of the choices based on budget/non-us based companies? if so...thats another reason surefire may be off the list

the threader might have saved the thread by leaving it out...and yes I would cast my vote on the same grounds as you would Mike

Good point! Threads do tend to wander when SF is mentioned.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I cant vote, SureFire isnt listed... :(

EDIT: Mybe I was to quick to reply... I vote "other" and I vote SF! I like the feel of the light, the built quality, they coudl offer one with more power, but I prefer them over any other brand! I really like the 6P like lights where you can drop in a new led, or other light assemblys real easy!

Last edited:

martonic

Enlightened

Yes - only 10 options are available, and the focus of this poll is on makers that produce mainly (or only) LED flashlights. Thanks for asking!

martonic

Enlightened
Surefire probably should have been included, but at least "Other" + comments is a welcome vote.

With only 10 slots available (maximum) I wanted to focus on makers that are "in the news" and that supply "affordable" LED flashlights.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire.....for quality, innovation, utility, versatility, flexibility, dependability, proven life span, toughness, selection, KISS UI, good looks, great customer service, lifetime warranty, made in USA.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Surefire.....for quality, innovation, utility, flexibility, dependability, proven life span, toughness, selection, simplicity, looks, customer service, lifetime warranty.

you forgot simple user interface....or am I the only one that hates mode changes that require you to either twist the bezel or clicking on the button over and over again to get to the desired mode?

Surefire A2, L2, etc...its push for mode 1 [momentary] or twist for mode 1 [constant], push harder for mode 2 [momentary] or twist further for mod 2 [constant]...it doesn't get easier than that folks

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is FENIX!

Because they have good lights (power, strong construction, good LEDs), they ship it worldwide for free (I´m from Brasil), and they ally good quality with reasonable prices! :thumbsup:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey I_T_N....That is what I meant by saying simplicity in my list. I guess I didn't explain it well enough....:shrug:

BTW....Have you looked at my light collection page? Let me know what you think...

Last edited:

BarryP

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LxD-CE. I like it 95% of the time. Finally there's a small light with strobe. I use it every day on my commuting bike. People see me at daylight a mile away. Then I put it in my holster for a day at work. I like the easy user interface. I change batteries out of it every couple of days and have never had threading problems. I do keep it greased. Having a pushbutton is great for one handed operation. I added a clip for a headlamp.

I've struggled with my surefire light. I've gotten bad twisty contacts. Maybe they're doing better now. Their warranty is great and my switch was replaced but the E1L was still fickle. I ended up selling it.

The 5% of the time I don't like fenix is: all of a sudden it's out! The runtime graphs show 2 hours on max for an L1D. Well that's 2 'continuous' hours. It's less when broken up. Once the battery starts dropping, it's harder for the fenix to start. Thus you may only get 1 hour if turning on/off/on/off/on/off… etc., Also, when I have it set to low, it comes on at a bright flash for a few milliseconds (like max) and then pops to low. That's eyeball startling! If the fenix wouldn't do this, I believe we would have better/longer runtimes at low. Right now it's advertised for like 24 hours 'continuous' on low. Well it's about1/2 that in real life because of the initial battery draining flash when you repeatedly turn it off and on. To fix this problem, fenix needs to have the light start out on low for a few milliseconds before going to max. Thus if there's not enough battery juice to hit max, it can just hang at low and give longer light life. Also, it seems the fenix doesn't do as good at a cold 10F (won't turn on) like my ARC AAA does. Again, that might be fixed if it would come on low first.

But these are little nit picky things as I use it always for biking and backpacking :) and thus keep these drawbacks in mind.

-Barry

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other: HDS and Surefire :nana:;)

I like Fenix and Princeton Tec as well. With PT it is mostly headlamps..

Sverre