Any opinions: furthest throwing handheld LED??

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know how vague the question is, so I will try to clarify: uses a Q5 LED (I appreciate the slight extra brightness more than the R100's color rendition) and is 7" or less (maybe a little more, but not too big).

Seems like the competitors are the LumaPower MRV with Q5*, Tiablo A8 Q5/A9, and the Dereelight DBS. Seems like there aren't any reviews directly comparing the three... Also, are there any other super-thrower LEDs like these?

*I can't tell from LumaPower's website... can one purchase the MRV with a Q5, or would I need to get it modded after purchase? I'm not too eager to do the latter...

Gunner12

Flashaholic
As of right now, the furthest throwing Stock LED light is probably the Dereelight DBS. there was one that is supposed to throw 900 Ft but I can;t find the site and am unsure of that claim.

The best throwing handheld LED would probably be the Data Bank. Or with 1 LED, an aspheric lens mod.

bspofford

Enlightened
I agree with Gunner12. The DBS is probably the farthest throwing light in this class. I live in a rural mountain area and can easily light up a single house a quarter of a mile away. The beam is amazingly symmetric and focused, and the quality of the light is outstanding.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSCN7297cr.jpg

Is a picture of one of my Mr Bulk Vips with a Otok/Carley reflector option.
I reckon this is one hell of a thrower.

It tosses a real pencil lead beam out there to reach out and touch somebody.
All custom of course.
Yaesumofo