Been gone a while...How is the beam on the P3D Q5? Any rings?

ScottyJ

Enlightened
Sorry for the lame question, I have been absent from the flashlight scene for a while....I was wondering if the fenix P3D Q5 has any rings in the smooth reflector beam or the textured reflector beam? I remember I bought a P1D CE when they first came out and it had a ring.

Thank you all.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Zero rings on the OP reflector and I don't have a smooth reflector, Fenix Q5. My P1DCE with smooth reflector has some shadows in it and I would imagine that you're going to see some wire shadows with a short, smooth, reflector on the Q5 as well. The deeper smooth reflectors of the MRV, Diablo, DBS and others, seem to eliminate wire shadows or other artifacts.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There might be very slight rings with the OP reflectors and more noticeable ring with the smooth reflector. If you don't want rings, get the Rebel 100 version of the P3D. You'll probably get a warmer tint and better color rendering light.

Also look at the Olight T20 as an alternative to the P3D.

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
my p3d q5 has a smooth reflector and there is a distinguishable transfer from hot spot to spill beam, however it is not so bad because the light is so dang bright. :) no artifacts or shadows whatsoever in the beam though. VERY happy with the light.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
my p3d q5 has a smooth reflector and there is a distinguishable transfer from hot spot to spill beam, however it is not so bad because the light is so dang bright. :) no artifacts or shadows whatsoever in the beam though. VERY happy with the light.

No artifacts and shadows? Where did you get your smooth reflector P3D Q5 from?

Thanks..