Throw difference P3D Q5

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much difference is there in throw between the P3D Q5 OP and Smooth?

Im looking to replace my Ultrafire C2 with a Q5 thats a thrower but with enough spill to see, and someone has told me theres not much in the difference of throw, and some say there is a huge difference. I have the OP version, and when i compare it to my original CE version, the OP throws pretty much the same as that, but i wonder about the Smooth Q5. Anyone know how much the difference in throw is?

Mike89

Enlightened
I am curious about this myself. I also am curious how the throw of a Q5 P3D (with smooth reflector) compares to the throw of the regular P3D (which also uses the smooth reflector).

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Ultrafire C2 would probably out throw the P3D-CE Q5 smooth because of it's bigger and deeper reflector. The P3D-CE Q5 would probably be the throwest of the Fenix lights due to it's higher output.

If you want throw, look at lights like the Dereelight DBS.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, but the throw im looking for needs to be in a light the height of a P3D because its for EDC and since the C2 is agressive looking i dont edc it, and thats maximum size. So im wondering how big is the difference between the OP and Smooth versions of the P3D Q5