Anyone tried this eBay Cree Xlamp 1AA/2AA/1CR123 flashlight?

As usually, the same light is also available cheaper at Dealextreme, Link(silver version). I always check DX if I see a sub $50 Cree/Seoul light on Ebay.

Lead time of 4-6 weeks is common. They also get around the 12.5% import duty by falsifying export documents(I have ordered form them, and it was falsely declared), so US based reseller who imports legitimately and have to pay the 12.5% tariff would not be able to compete fairly.

mhubble

Enlightened
Ive got one on the way from ebay. Should be here by fri. I would rather pay more and get the light in 3-4 days than wait the 3-6 weeks it takes to get something from DX.

I only paid 4.00 more for the light getting it from ebay.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Lead time of 4-6 weeks is common. They also get around the 12.5% import duty by falsifying export documents(I have ordered form them, and it was falsely declared), so US based reseller who imports legitimately and have to pay the 12.5% tariff would not be able to compete fairly.
Point taken

robo21

Enlightened
Ive got one on the way from ebay. Should be here by fri. I would rather pay more and get the light in 3-4 days than wait the 3-6 weeks it takes to get something from DX.

I only paid 4.00 more for the light getting it from ebay.

Interesting. I've ordered several flashlights and a couple of LASERS from DX and the average delivery time is between 10 and 14 days. 3-6 weeks doesn't sound right at all, unless an item is on backorder.

mhubble

Enlightened
Interesting. I've ordered several flashlights and a couple of LASERS from DX and the average delivery time is between 10 and 14 days. 3-6 weeks doesn't sound right at all, unless an item is on backorder.

Im on the east coast, that always adds a week to the shipping time.

Also I got my light today. Very well built. Single AA isnt bright at all. Single cr123 is bright. The 2 X AA is about as bright as the cr123. But none of them are the rated 120 lumens. I would guess its about 75 lumens. Doing a runtime test now. Ill post results later.

EDIT - Im 2.5 hours into a runtime test with no noticable drop in brightness. Im using one panasonic cr123. Battery reads 2.30 volts after 2.5 hours. Pretty impressive.

EDIT - After 3.0 hours the light has dropped below 50% the battery reads 1.25 volts. Still plenty of useful light. Ended the test here.

Last edited: